• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big sign advice

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You do what you want about the pricing for the church.... it's your church and you have to see these people all the time. However, the pricing does not dictate going cheap. You'll look like a bigger fool than if you sit down with them and educate them on the necessity of using proper materials. How old is that existing framework ??

Personally, I would remove all the framing and center it above the door and not the center of the peak. I'd simply use some 1" aluminum tubing, fasten it together with screws and make it good and secure. Next use two pieces of 10' aluminum composite and screw it fast.

Also, look into a better layout.

Next, why in the world are you going with a print ?? There ain't a print in the world gonna last long enough to support any ideas about going better for framing or substrate. Again, do it right or don't do it at all. Go with a baked on enamel finish and use a good cast vinyl for the copy. Don't give your church crap.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
After seeing the building, I wouldn't even bother with a frame. The metal fascia looks to be pretty even. I would just lay your vinyl graphics on some ACM and maybe include a black vinyl border that serves double-duty to help disguise your screws. Use some Tek screws with the rubber washers to mount the panels and then touch up the screws so they match the vinyl border (ie: black vinyl border, screw heads painted black). Or run them through the white portion of the sign face and paint them white.

As far as materials, I'm down in Texas plus I just provide installation services...so I wouldn't be much help to you. You should be able to track down a sign supply place somewhere close to you.

MotorCityMan

You do what you want about the pricing for the church.... it's your church and you have to see these people all the time. However, the pricing does not dictate going cheap. You'll look like a bigger fool than if you sit down with them and educate them on the necessity of using proper materials. How old is that existing framework ??

Personally, I would remove all the framing and center it above the door and not the center of the peak. I'd simply use some 1" aluminum tubing, fasten it together with screws and make it good and secure. Next use two pieces of 10' aluminum composite and screw it fast.

Also, look into a better layout.

Next, why in the world are you going with a print ?? There ain't a print in the world gonna last long enough to support any ideas about going better for framing or substrate. Again, do it right or don't do it at all. Go with a baked on enamel finish and use a good cast vinyl for the copy. Don't give your church crap.

thanks for your advice Gino, couple questions though. What do you mean screw it fast? What kind of screws do you use?

MotorCityMan

After seeing the building, I wouldn't even bother with a frame. The metal fascia looks to be pretty even. I would just lay your vinyl graphics on some ACM and maybe include a black vinyl border that serves double-duty to help disguise your screws. Use some Tek screws with the rubber washers to mount the panels and then touch up the screws so they match the vinyl border (ie: black vinyl border, screw heads painted black). Or run them through the white portion of the sign face and paint them white.

As far as materials, I'm down in Texas plus I just provide installation services...so I wouldn't be much help to you. You should be able to track down a sign supply place somewhere close to you.

thank you

skyhigh

i thought Gino just didnt want him to wast time. You know how bossy he can be.

Does your church havé any carpenters who attend? Have them iñstall and you supply the faces.

DizzyMarkus

Use some Tek screws with the rubber washers to mount the panels

These are steel roofing screws and come in many lengths as well as colors -- quite a few colors -- check with local lumber yard. If they dont have in stock you can order colors :0)

Markus

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Clips like the small one on the end would work fine. Screws could be any zinc coated and attached on the inside. If you can't get to them, use a good self tapper... and plenty of them. Attach the face with some small self tappers.

Attachments

• L_Bracket.jpg
    L_Bracket.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 76

MotorCityMan

Got it all together, time to mount it on the wall, thanks everyone!

Attachments

• image-3017225786.jpg
    image-3017225786.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 76
J

john1

Just use 2 pieces of 4x10' dibond and put vinyl lettering onto them. No biggie.

Use aluminum for the frame and bam, Your done.

Sorry your not in this industry to make money, I am and plus i like it.

Churches always get everything for hardly nothing, Where is my hand out when i have real hard times? There is none.

I personally would be at around $1200 for this sign plus any artwork set up on just the sign using 3mm dibond. I've used 3mm dibond for 5x10' signs and had good results before so this should be fine too. Should have somewhere around 5 hours into making this sign.

MotorCityMan

Just use 2 pieces of 4x10' dibond and put vinyl lettering onto them. No biggie.

Use aluminum for the frame and bam, Your done.

Sorry your not in this industry to make money, I am and plus i like it.

Churches always get everything for hardly nothing, Where is my hand out when i have real hard times? There is none.

I personally would be at around $1200 for this sign plus any artwork set up on just the sign using 3mm dibond. I've used 3mm dibond for 5x10' signs and had good results before so this should be fine too. Should have somewhere around 5 hours into making this sign.

I charged 1600.00 and used 6 mil alum illite on 1" aluminum frame. Sounds like you go to the wrong church.

MotorCityMan

Some more

Pics and a banner

Attachments

• image-3418893733.jpg
    image-3418893733.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 93
  • image-307423514.jpg
    image-307423514.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2819342894.jpg
    image-2819342894.jpg