• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee Sale

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
This weekend only... Sale ends Monday.

Buy any tool or combination of tools over $100 and get repair materials (cotton and/or felt) or a slitter tool free.

Slitter tools may delay delivery.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
The Sale is over.

The primary reason for this sale was to see how much interest there was in the slitter tool. From the results I can assume that there is not enough interest for it to be worth my time to continue with it.

To those that participated in this sale.:thankyou:

FatCat

Dale, I would have loved a slitter, but the 3 older BS I have really need to have their felt replaced to be useful again. ;-)

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Dale, I would have loved a slitter, but the 3 older BS I have really need to have their felt replaced to be useful again. ;-)
There were not very many orders. I plan to give you both repair materials & slitter. Same deal with the other participant.

joeshaul

I'm in the same boat as Mark!

I was pretty busy last week with graduation crap occuring (which is last minute awards/banners/etc) and never saw the topic thread. Then I took my memorial day weekend off, aside from making a sign to put out front in memory of.

inthesignbiz

I would LOVE to get one of the slitters!
Tell me how.

BTW I got all our Big Squeegees from signwarehouse (before I knew you were here).

FatCat

hey, how do you know when it's time to replace the felt? :thankyou:

kelly

Typically, you'll notice it starts getting thin and might start leaving scratch marks on your laminate. We use the heck out of ours, especially the yard sign tools. I've already gone through one set of replacement felt from Dale, and this will be my 3rd set of felt for these. Thought I needed to freshen up, and get some new ones anyway - Dale's sale was just icing on the cake.

*Pssst, hey Dale - :U Rock:

I have 4 Big Squeegees here and don't really need any more right now but I would love to get one of the slitters! Instead of doing it that way why not do some kind of a pre-order for the slitter tool only?

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I have 4 Big Squeegees here and don't really need any more right now but I would love to get one of the slitters! Instead of doing it that way why not do some kind of a pre-order for the slitter tool only?
:Oops:
I thought this would be the best way to do it because....
Even though I don't have any issues with them, it is hard to tell how much others will have issues with them. The adjustment on the depth is pretty touchy with .001" is about 1.5 degree turn on the adjustment.

You also need to use a hard surface when cutting When I make them, I cut a circle in paper backing.

I don't want to sell them yet. Lets see if anyone has trouble with them.

There is another slitter on the market that does have some issues with cutting through the vinyl as well. I hope that my design will be better. It uses a standard swivel pen blade from Exacto that has been altered a little.

Charlie J

Ah snap I wish I would've seen this earlier. I need to order a new big squeegee. I have a 36" model and its taken its fair share of abuse. I knocked it off of the table and the pvc is cracked.

SlightlyChilled

Ah snap I wish I would've seen this earlier. I need to order a new big squeegee. I have a 36" model and its taken its fair share of abuse. I knocked it off of the table and the pvc is cracked.

I did the same thing Dale told me to get PVC glue and it is right as rain

HulkSmash

The primary reason for this sale was to see how much interest there was in the slitter tool. From the results I can assume that there is not enough interest for it to be worth my time to continue with it.

To those that participated in this sale.:thankyou:

dale to be honest,

making us buy over a certain amount of your product to get a different product you want to test isnt a good way to survey if it would sell or not............just sayin.

inthesignbiz

also FYI for those who missed dales little sale - THIS is the best slitter i have ever come across.

We've got those.
This slitter cuts the backing paper and not the vinyl.
Like you find on bumper stickers sometimes.

:Oops:
I thought this would be the best way to do it because....
Even though I don't have any issues with them, it is hard to tell how much others will have issues with them. The adjustment on the depth is pretty touchy with .001" is about 1.5 degree turn on the adjustment.

You also need to use a hard surface when cutting When I make them, I cut a circle in paper backing.

I don't want to sell them yet. Lets see if anyone has trouble with them.

There is another slitter on the market that does have some issues with cutting through the vinyl as well. I hope that my design will be better. It uses a standard swivel pen blade from Exacto that has been altered a little.

I'll gladly test one for you!
I'd even buy it and pay the shipping to get it here.

CentralSigns

Dale did I get a slitter with my order on the 26th. Thanks if I made into the time slot. If I didn't I sure could have used one.