• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee Sale

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Dale did I get a slitter with my order on the 26th. Thanks if I made into the time slot. If I didn't I sure could have used one.
Sorry, it didn't make it.
[/B said:
Coloradosigns]also FYI for those who missed dales little sale - THIS is the best slitter i have ever come across.
If those work the same way as what I'm trying to accomplish, then by all means get them. I'm just trying to fill a need without losing my shirt on it.

The tools you mention require you to separate the vinyl and the backing to get it started. What I'm doing is making a cutter that will cut the backing without separating it from the vinyl.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Just another thought...

The slitter will also cut through the vinyl without cutting the paper. You can use it for cutting stripes and free hand shapes in vinyl. The blade pivots so you don't have to worry about it turning sideways.

Is this feature something of interest to anyone?

Dale, I'd love to have a couple of the slitters you have. 99% of the time I'd want to use it to cut backing paper without separating it from vinyl. But maybe I'd use it to cut stripes, etc.

I tried someone else's suggestion of using an old knife/knifeholder, but could never get a consistent cut. Until I find a better solution, I'm getting ready to go to K-mart and blow 2 bucks on slitter Colorado linked.

J

john1

I'd be interested in getting one to sell basic sized stripes, It's no biggie to load the vinyl and cut with my plotter but a slitter would be less set up i would think.