• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bill Maher.....................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, this is neither about religion or politics, so it should be a safe subject. :rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with signs, pricing or selling wares, but then, not much has lately, so with no further ado............

Has anyone seen the bit from last Friday night on his show about his comments on Boston ??

Does anyone feel he is right about his view or is he being insensitive ??

That is all. :peace!:

rjssigns

I don't care for his disgusting/distrubing comments regarding people he doesn't care for. Then when someone calls him on one of his vile comments he hides behind: "It's just a comedy show". My position is: If you say it own it". I have zero tolerance for people that don't.

Baz

I haven't seen what you are mentioning Gino but for me ... I find Bill Maher funny to watch but i know he is full of crap allot of times. The guy likes himself to much.

Marlene

he like many of his kind are never funny and always are just looking to shock with their comments. there are way too many of these clowns out there and what they say doesn't mean much. I had to do a bing search to see what jerk said and wasn't suprised. people like him and Rush Limbaugh say stuff and use the old excuse that is what people are thinking but just aren't saying so they are "brave" for saying it out loud. can do without them

Steve C.

I don't know what he said, but he thrives on pi$$in' people off. And it doesn't
much matter which side. What they say about a broken clock.

Billct2

Don't watch him much, for the same reason I don't watch Rush, they're too busy impressing themselves to be entertaining.

player

Do you mean what he said about the USA police departments becoming militarized? Was the Boston comment about how any American city can be completely shut down as Boston was shut down? How the USA police are now training officers not to protect and serve but how to justify their aggressive actions?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you mean what he said about the USA police departments becoming militarized? Was the Boston comment about how any American city can be completely shut down as Boston was shut down? How the USA police are now training officers not to protect and serve but how to justify their aggressive actions?

No.

Like mentioned a week or so ago, where do you live that you are so outa tune with the rest of the world ??

GWSigns

Stepping out with my shield raised to deflect the firey darts -

I do not think he was insensitive, he was trying to make a point that was missed entirely because his comaprsion point - the Boston Marathon Bobming - is too shrowded in emotion and overkill.

Our society as a whole is reacting far too emotionally to issues and depending on the people involved and the press coverage surrounding it, the event is overplayed or underplayed.

We tend to move from crisis to crisis and leave a lot of broken people and communities in the process.

natedawg9640

i just went and watched it and he's spot on. some might think he's crude and rude... but that doesn't change the reality.

OldPaint

gota give him credit.....hes GREAT!!!
he introduced us to
Christine O’Donnell ..remember the witch?
ANN COLTER.....hehehehehehehehehe

Marlene

I do not think he was insensitive, he was trying to make a point that was missed entirely because his comaprsion point - the Boston Marathon Bobming - is too shrowded in emotion and overkill.

Our society as a whole is reacting far too emotionally to issues and depending on the people involved and the press coverage surrounding it, the event is overplayed or underplayed.

react too emotionally? yep, I sure did when I heard that one of the douches set a bomb down next to an 8 year old boy. I reacted emotionally and pray there never comes a day when we all don't

GWSigns

react too emotionally? yep, I sure did when I heard that one of the douches set a bomb down next to an 8 year old boy. I reacted emotionally and pray there never comes a day when we all don't

Understood 100%. I did not mean we should not be effected emotionally, it is a question of letting emotions run high and hard without focusing on the ways to prevent it from happening again and planning to rebuild as opposed to holding tightly to the emotion.

Out of context, but example - my son was killed in a violent car accident that sent flames into the Arizona night sky to be seen clear across the Tucson valley. He was 24 and I miss him to this day. I cringe every time I see a Lincoln Navigator as that is the type of car that T-boned the Mustang he and his friends were in. The driver and occupants of the other car were not from this country, so no legal action taken towards them.

I was crushed, my son was my heart, to this day I will cry when I think of him and that happened 12 years ago. But I have channeled that energy to move on, I have spread the word about the devestation and worked with groups to educate on how to deal with life altering situations.

Then there is a lady who lives in Tucson who's husband was killed in a senseless murder. 10 years later, she still has all his clothes in his closet and the house set up exactly the same. She is frozen in time, a prisoner of her emotions.

We can chose to learn, grow, and move on, or we can freeze frame, surround ourselves with emotion, and nothing changes.

That cocoon really does not help anyone and is a distraction that can be utilized to keep us from helping ourselves and each other. We need to be able to channel our emotions, not let them run rampant causing further chaos and disorder.

I am one of the most emotional of people, and it breaks my heart to the core to see what people are capable of doing to others, especially children, but how can I best utilize those emotions to the positive?

Does that help to express my briefly worded previous post?