• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Birthday present for a 14 yo girl ?

I hope she is smart and gets a free ride to college, because you all would make her a room in the basement and have her go to beauty school on a student loan.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. I have a 15 year old though and I feel the OP's pain. I think at that age the latest gadget and/or gift cards are the way to go. But I agree. You gotta do more than just the gift card. Get her something personal even if it's something small. I got my daughter a Hello Kitty hooded sweatshirt last Christmas and I was the coolest dad ever. I think she liked it more than the new iphone and the gift cards i got her combined...well...okay maaaybe not as much as the iphone.

Suz

My girls both jumped out of an airplane (together) about a year ago. They are in their 30's now, what a fun time for them! All the way down to the ground, they yelled "I Love You" to each other, just in case it was the last time they got to say anything. Sweet, ha? A big difference from how they treated each other sometimes when they were pre-teens. We got through all of that! Yay! Life is precious, teenagers are too. Happy B-Day to her!

Thanks for the suggestions :toasting:

Today is her birthday , and I settled on cash . :corndog:

I wanted to get her one of the Go cams http://gopro.com/
I may get it later .I also thought about http://www.cloud9living.com/atlanta/tandem-hang-gliding-flight but decided to wait till she is older .
Thanks everyone

ThinkRight

My girls both jumped out of an airplane (together) about a year ago. They are in their 30's now, what a fun time for them! All the way down to the ground, they yelled "I Love You" to each other, just in case it was the last time they got to say anything. Sweet, ha? A big difference from how they treated each other sometimes when they were pre-teens. We got through all of that! Yay! Life is precious, teenagers are too. Happy B-Day to her!
Last year the wife wife , MIL and Jessica went on a hot air balloon ride for the wifes Mothers day / Anniversary . The MIL is 90 and she loved it.