• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion Biting the bullet and looking for a new eco-sol/solvent printer

Msrae

Rae
I have been without a printer for a bit now. My old one was a beast - the Roland SC-540. I loved the printer, but it became outdated and I could not find anyone to service it (did most of it myself due to lack of support, learned a lot but it got real old, real fast).

I am looking for opinions on printers. I am looking for an eco-sol printer for banners and vehicle graphics. Not looking for a 54" beast again, I am looking for something in the 40" range or perhaps even smaller. The Roland 20" might even work, but I would hate to be that limited on size. I do like the fact that it can print metallic though, and the price is pretty great.

I have looked into a Roland again and I am leaning in that direction due to my experience in the past. However, I know nothing about the other printers out there on the market such as Mutoh, Mimaki, etc.

Any feedback on your favorites and why would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Rae

CanuckSigns

with roland you have 3 size options besides the 20" desktop printer, 30", 54" and 64", so if you need to print 40", you are stuck getting the 54" machine.

Take a look at the new Tru-vis machines

2B

unless you are strapped for room, the price difference is very small

go with the 54"

Msrae

Rae
Size is, unfortunately, an issue. I could get the 54" to fit, but it would be pretty tight as far as working around it. I might just go for it anyway.

So, from what I am seeing so far, Roland is still the printer of choice? Or would anyone suggest another brand?

CanuckSigns

Size is, unfortunately, an issue. I could get the 54" to fit, but it would be pretty tight as far as working around it. I might just go for it anyway.

So, from what I am seeing so far, Roland is still the printer of choice? Or would anyone suggest another brand?

Everyone is going to suggest whatever brand they use, pick the brand that has the most LOCAL support, when they break down you don't want to be waiting a week for a tech

ProColorGraphics

I really like my Epson S80!! But there you would be into a 64". I know of several people that really like their Mimaki's too. What you can get quick service for in your area is a key factor too.

petepaz

we use roland the last 13 years started with the 30" then 54" and now 64". we find them easy to use, rarely break down, we can do a lot of maintenance our selves, our techs are close and are available pretty quick.
price, space available and tech support are the three main things to consider. also you already had roland so you are familiar with it. most of the machines are similar just minor changes, mostly speed and print quality

LFC911

I have been without a printer for a bit now. My old one was a beast - the Roland SC-540. I loved the printer, but it became outdated and I could not find anyone to service it (did most of it myself due to lack of support, learned a lot but it got real old, real fast).
I would think a dealer that could sell you a new Roland would/could service your old Roland