• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black is Green

S

Sign-Man Signs

Mutoh Jr Outdoor. My black has stared printing a nice shade of hunter green. Cartridge is about full and was printing before in black o.k.. Just out of the blue, it's printing hunter green. Did all the clanning routines but still printing hunter green. Any suggestions before I open her up?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Run some color tests from the printer itself and see if all the heads are firing properly. If they are.... I would look closely at what you're using to indicate black in your files and see if it does it on all profiles or just a select few.

copythat

1204 here

I believe I had something similar happen a couple of weeks back. We ended up changing the black ink & it fixed it. It was brand new 1, so didn't think that was a problem & ended up being the problem. We ran 3 retangle test patterns after changing black. Each pattern got better.

S

Sign-Man Signs

O.K. Now blue is good, red is green, yellow is yellow, black is green. I think I'm getting some type of contamination from somewhere. Any ideas? Maybe waste tank line clogged? Hate opening this thing up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Does your yellow and black come from the same head ?? If so, possibly some ink is being vacuumed back or mixing together creating a dark green.

S

Sign-Man Signs

One head, 4 nozzles. Just checked diffusers. Red has black in it. Blue and yellow o.k.. What could be happening?

Graphics2u

There are 2 heads on a Jr. one for all the colors CMY and one for just the black. do a nozzle check and seewhat it looks like. maybe have a Magenta cartridge with black ink in it, possibly labeled wrong.

Graphics2u

Your black head uses a separate part of the capping station so I don't think you are getting contamination from there.

Signsforwhile

I know with our ValueJet if we set it to print in CMY mode then the black will come out greenish. Make sure you are printing in CMYK.

What is happening, the nozzles are touching the inside of the cap or there is something in there touching the bottom of the head. This causes a wicking from one color to the other. This will run back up through the ink lines. This is common if you do the soaking Mutoh reccomends for missing nozzles. You will have to find the problem and correct it. Most likely the material inside the cap has swelled up or become loose and is touching the head. After correcting this you will need to run solid prints to run out the ink.

Jackpine

Check your dampers to see if there has been any wicking of ink from the capping station. Take the cover off the print head (2 screws) and you will see if the ink is pure or not. Print a test print with solid color r,g,b,c,m,y,k. A nozzle check will do the same but at a lower dpi. You could do a head wash and refill (ink) to clean the lines, dampers and print heads.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Thanks for the help everyone. We're gonna tear her down today. I'll keep you posted.

S

Sign-Man Signs

One more question. If you do a ink fill will that purge the lines and dampers?

randya

I believe I had something similar happen a couple of weeks back. We ended up changing the black ink & it fixed it. It was brand new 1, so didn't think that was a problem & ended up being the problem. We ran 3 retangle test patterns after changing black. Each pattern got better.

Check the cartridge end that plugs into the printer.
There should be a small circle with a letter representing the color of the cartridge, make sure that it matches the label.