• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

black light / white vinyl - geek question

DGDesigns

I printed on Ritrama's Wall Walker "Fathead" material and left a 1/2" border around the design so it would glow when exposed to a black light. Everthing in the room that was white had a glow to it....EXCEPT the white vinyl !! Any ideas why the white vinyl doesn't work under black light conditions??

mikey-Oh

does any of the white area(s)? our blank digital media always looks a slight grey to me. good question though, do any white vinyls glow?

mikey-Oh

kinda curious if any white cutvinyl would glow. i haven't had a black light since college, so now i can't check. i mean what if... oracal, solex, shinerite, avery, arlon & ectz.

bbeens

The glowing under black light is due to optical breighteners. I would guesss your media does not have much if any optical brighteners when made.

Bryan