• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black not printing

ssfirme

It's been a couple of days since i used my printer, today i ran a test and the black is not printing. I already cleaned my captops and used a syringe to suck it up but still no black. What else can it be? 20150828_081028.jpg

Deano1

I had a similar problem with my mimaki, the cyan dropped out completely, not sure if its relevant but it was just a damper not properly inserted.

ssfirme

sorry forgot to include that. It is a Roland versacamm sp-300v. running solaris eco-solvent max-life inks.SOLARS ECO-SOLVENT MAX-LIFE INKS
Ive had it for about 2 years and got it used so dont really know how old it is.

petepaz

what does the printer status say on the ink levels?
did you try to pull some ink through with a syringe?
try putting a new cart in, maybe something is wrong with the cart or the chip?

signcrafters

Not as familiar with the versacamm, but you can probably bleed just the black at the damper.

I've had the same issue with my SolJet.

Ragnabrok

likely the damper, if it was the cap, head or pump it would affect the cyan as well. If the damper is completely empty of ink you could take it off and try syringing ink into it. If the damper has ink in it, but isn't printing any then the seal is likely done, and the damper needs replacing.