• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bloching??

82R909

Not sure if its a term or not but in my solids like the Blacks, magentas, reds... its not solid anymore ive done serval cleanings and still continue with this problem any ideas? and its on a vp-540 thanks

joeshaul

Could be a variety of things, first thing that springs to my mind would be the heater's off and the material is cold, this can cause the ink to kind of pool on some materials. A picture would help us determine more though :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are you using OEM and using the correct profiles for the media you're running through ??

82R909

Pic coming in like few and yes jillbeans i meant blotching it was very late and fustrated. I am using oem ink and i did 8 of the exact same 4ft sticker before this happened on the 8th one...

82R909

IMG00058.jpg

IMG00059.jpg

IMG00060.jpg

82R909

sorry bad quality but im working on tryin to get my digital camera over here from a jobsite thx for the help

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like some form of contamination..... and to that color only. However, are you using CMYK for black or straight Black only. Possibly something has gotten into your line and when large amount of K are being used it forms a type of fisheye and puddles up or circles around an oil spill within your lines or cartridge.

82R909

that sounds complicated and yes im using 100%k .. so pretty much i need to call a tech out to my place?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It was just a suggestion. Don't fret until some more knowledgeable people answer you.

mgliss

Was there a possibility of overspray from any chemicals on the material? Sometimes during a cleaning I have unknowingly gotten flush on the vinyl and had the same type of problem. My second guess is that something is wrong with your heater or its not turned on.

mgliss

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Probably contaminated material.
What are you printing on? Have you tried a different roll?
Try raising the heat.
What's the makeup of your black?

Bly

Is bloching anything like felching? :help

Either too much ink for the media or contamination.
Was this occurring before on this vinyl?

82R909

im using 0 0 0 100 i had already printed 8 of the 4ft stickers already and the 9th one came out looking like that ... i tried to re print... 40c on print 45c on dryer same result ... I havent tried a different material because its my last roll of the RA. I will try on a different oracal and see the result ..... Where can teh contamination come from?... I appreciate all the help

jasonx

100k black in your artwork doesn't mean 100k black is being printed.

If you want that setup a special colour in versaworks so when ever it sees 100k black it will print 100k black regardless of the profile.

Also Under the Printer menu in Versaworks theres a Test Print.

Print that one and show us a pic of it.