• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blocked Access to Virus Alert Thread

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I am getting blocked from accessing the thread titled Virus Alert. I can access all other threads I've tried. Is everyone experiencing this?

RobbyMac

I've been editting my recent finds in there ok.
But it was giving me fits trying to post that url... even if I put it in quotes, it wouldn't accept it. thats why I pm'd it to you and it posted there ok.

RobbyMac

I posted the address which was in the ie pop up. in firefox, it doesn't come up as an actual clickable link. But I got thinking maybe it might in other browsers, so i tried to put quotes around it hoping it would remove any link?
its the same info i just pm'd you though.

nevermind, that post is gone I am assuming you removed it

Attachments

• vir.jpg
    vir.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 63
  • vir2.jpg
    vir2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 47

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I posted the address which was in the ie pop up. in firefox, it doesn't come up as an actual clickable link. But I got thinking maybe it might in other browsers, so i tried to put quotes around it hoping it would remove any link?
its the same info i just pm'd you though.

nevermind, that post is gone I am assuming you removed it

No, I am getting locked out of most things you originating from you. Can't get into your PMs to me for example. Your images show links to files on your computer. When I get the same notifications, no such links are shown, which makes me think you local machine is infected and my setup of AVG has prevented me from the same. My FireFox browser is simply preventing me from accessing to protect me.

RobbyMac

ok. I'm running cccleaner and avg as I type but haven't picked up anything in my scans. I periodically am getting blocks from avgs link scanner, but they are intermittent.
how the heck can anything be attached to a jpg?
I will scan clean reboot etc.

I did manage to copy and paste some hcp services address with a script run in it but from char codes (which is what Ive been trying to convey) it is all gobbledeegook to me. question is who or how do I get it to nayone who can make sense of it?

David Wright

My old xp machine got an alert and now is running some nefarious program. I wll need to know what is so i can fix it. Avast warned me but did nothing to stop it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
My old xp machine got an alert and now is running some nefarious program. I wll need to know what is so i can fix it. Avast warned me but did nothing to stop it.

AVG calls it Exploit.CVE-2010-1885 but gives no information about it. According to SignosaurusRex, his computer guy used MalwareBytes' in safe mode and it cleaned it up without anything further needed.

RobbyMac

ok. after your post fred, I ran a full scan and found 4 instances of it in my mozilla cache folder.
Didnt change anything in my startups or registry per ccleaner.
Deleted all temp files and whatnot, rebooted, ran another full scan right away. Blocked all outgoing traffic in my firewall (from my computer) during that time, and didnt catch any suspicious activity in the logs.

Got lucky and no popup warning this time, but someone pm me when this is over. I don't want to create anymore problem/virus posts. And I certainly dont want to be the new guy who gave fred a virus lol

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Lose AVG and get a higher rated virus deflector. Such as Avast.

Well, AVG on my workstation kept me protected from harm. Neither AVG nor Avast have anything, however, to do with protecting the server from whatever has transpired.