• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blowing your own Insulation

Dice

Need to blow some Insulation in my Attic, has anyone does this themselves? It looks not to bad, buy 10 bags from HomeDepot and you get the blower for free for a day.

Any tips?

signage

Get a pair of cheap white/disposible coveralls, gloves, respirator and duct tape. Tape the coverall sleeves and legs before blowing in!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Go onto an insulation site and introduce yourself as a newbie... and see if THEY greet you with open arms.............. :ROFLMAO:

I couldn't resist that one............. :Oops:

Dice

Sorry Gino, I don't get it.

Also the new insulation is not fiberglass, it's something else.

Mosh

Make sure everything is sealed up tight or you will have a fine layer of dust in you whole house.

dwt

So how is it going? Is everybody half drunk and itching all over? I couldn't envision it happening any other way at my house.

Charlie J

I recently had my office ceiling done with blow in insulation. They charged me like $300.00 and were done in less than an hour. It was worth the money to not have to crawl up there and try and do it myself.