Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blown fuse on vj1304? after severe media jam

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by erlsigns, Feb 4, 2013.

1. erlsigns

erlsigns New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    canada
    got a severe jam behind the rollers on my vj1304 while printing double sided banner,
    guess the rollers were trying in vain to pull through, then everything went dead, HOPE it's just a blown fuse, i didn't get any nasty head strikes, anyone know the location and values of the fuses, can't find it in manual..
    thx, Erl

Tags:
  2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    One thing to try is to pull the power cord from the wall and hit the power button several times to discharge the capacitors then wait 10 minutes or so and plug it back in.
    It is supposed to reset the power supply. Not sure if this is urban legend or not but won't hurt anything.

If you have the maintenance manual there is a wiring diagram near the end, it shows the wire color codes going in and out of the fuses & on pg 433 it shows an exploded view of the board assy with the position of the main 15 amp ac fuses.
    Don't think it shows the mainboard fuses that are soldered in but you might be able to find them by finding the location of the dc power lines coming into the board (these are marked).
    If you don't have a copy of the maintenance manual send me a pm.

wayne k
    guam usa

3. erlsigns

erlsigns New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    canada
    well my friend, i can say with a very large sigh of relieve, it's not urban legend!..worked a treat, pulled plug from wall hit power button 4-5 times ,cried, looked on line in vain for fuse info on web, turned it back on..and all was good!!
    But if you have a copy of the service manual, you can reach me at erlsigns@telus.net would sure be nice to have that handy
    cheers,
    101 rocks!

4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Good deal,
    link on the way.

wayne k
    guam usa