• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

blown fuse on vj1304? after severe media jam

erlsigns

got a severe jam behind the rollers on my vj1304 while printing double sided banner,
guess the rollers were trying in vain to pull through, then everything went dead, HOPE it's just a blown fuse, i didn't get any nasty head strikes, anyone know the location and values of the fuses, can't find it in manual..
thx, Erl

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
One thing to try is to pull the power cord from the wall and hit the power button several times to discharge the capacitors then wait 10 minutes or so and plug it back in.
It is supposed to reset the power supply. Not sure if this is urban legend or not but won't hurt anything.

If you have the maintenance manual there is a wiring diagram near the end, it shows the wire color codes going in and out of the fuses & on pg 433 it shows an exploded view of the board assy with the position of the main 15 amp ac fuses.
Don't think it shows the mainboard fuses that are soldered in but you might be able to find them by finding the location of the dc power lines coming into the board (these are marked).
If you don't have a copy of the maintenance manual send me a pm.

wayne k
guam usa

erlsigns

well my friend, i can say with a very large sigh of relieve, it's not urban legend!..worked a treat, pulled plug from wall hit power button 4-5 times ,cried, looked on line in vain for fuse info on web, turned it back on..and all was good!!
But if you have a copy of the service manual, you can reach me at erlsigns@telus.net would sure be nice to have that handy
cheers,
101 rocks!