• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blurry prints

eaddesigns

I purchased a SP-300v about a month ago and my prints look blurry.

This is a used machine but i still have warranty on it.
It doesn’t matter what media ,profile or quality I print on it has the same result.

We did replace the BK/CY print head but didn’t help any.
I'm new to the digital world and it is very frustrating .
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• SCAN0063.jpg
    SCAN0063.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 230
Can't see much on your images. Blurry printing can be caused by several things, including printheads that are not calibrated/ aligned, dirty/ scratched encoder strip or sensor, or nozzle problems (deflections).

eaddesigns

they walked me through installing the new head , and doing all the alignments,etc. i did see another post on the encoder strip and cleaned that.
maybe this closeup is a better picture.

Attachments

• testprint.jpg
    testprint.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 199

slangsc

I think what you are seeing is the resolution of the printer - the physical dots. What setting are you printing with? Looks like some kind of low res print setting.

eaddesigns

the horse was done on standard quality (720x720) and the sign was done on high quality (1080x1080)

i have even tried just printing a solid square and it looks the same

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I don't have this printer but is there a built in function on it to do a test print of some kind? try that and post a pic.

eaddesigns

this is a test print from versaworks on high quality and the one from the printer

Attachments

• High.jpg
    High.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 189
  • SCAN0062.JPG
    SCAN0062.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 187

Gino

Premium Subscriber
After looking at the test prints... it appears to have something to do with the quality of the information you are sending to the rip.

There's an old saying... 'Garbage in... Garbage out.

I believe you need to work on your skills a little there. The 300 is capable of better output and your test print proves that.

eaddesigns

I totally agree with you I have a lot to learn.
This fourm is awesome and have really appreciated all the help and knowledge that others have shared.