• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

body emblem holes

WOODBS

How are you guys dealing with the holes after removing body emblems? I have used reflective to cover, didn't really like that...also have just cut out...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
How are you guys dealing with the holes after removing body emblems? I have used reflective to cover, didn't really like that...also have just cut out...

If you replace the badges, like you should, when you're done with whatever it is you're doing then there will be no holes.

Pat Whatley

So a few years from now when they get the wrap stripped off so they can trade it in they have to deal with the holes in the body?

Border

I do the double layers of vinyl thing, most of the time. Sometimes removing those emblems really helps with the flow of things. Customers are always the decision maker in those cases and made aware that they will have to replace them if and when that time comes.

WOODBS

the emblems will be saved to reinstall if they sell it,how to cover them is the main question...

grafixemporium

I disagree with Bob that the emblems should always go back on. It's a decision that should be made by the designer and the owner of the vehicle. We leave the emblems off more often than not. Typically, they get in the way of the wrap layout. If there are holes, we deal with them on a case by case basis a few different ways. It depends on what will look the best and last the longest.

Sometimes we cut small circles of magnetic material, place it over the holes and wrap right over it. Other times we use plastic hole plugs. They are available in black or white and in a variety of sizes at your local hardware store. They work great and in most cases, don't interfere with the design.

Techman

and then you have kids or whatever,, coming along and poking those holes with sticks. Then you have a friggin mess anyway..

grafixemporium

Grab 20 bucks and go to the bolts/nails aisle of Home Depot or Lowes. There you'll find every size of hole plug imaginable in black and white. Grab a couple packets of each size and you'll be set to deal with whatever hole comes your way.

signguy54

Not an artist
i use

plotter cut reflective vinyl

as for poking holes...well if someone is going to vandalize it...they will find a way...holes or no holes.

the reflective makes the holes more difficult to find because it is more rigid than regular vinyl