• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Body Shop logo

klemgraphics

Worked on these before I even looked at what Rick posted up. These are not really what I was originally thinking but I am liking a few of them. After seeing what you did Rick I am now torn as to which direction I want to go.

Just out of curiosity how long did it take you to come up with that?

Am I getting any better??

Attachments

• kar2.jpg
    kar2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 97

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The logo is your logo, but I did not have your script typeface... I used a 50's script, the auto body typeface is from the 40's... I try to use typeface from the era when doing retro. The card came from a rejected layout from a client, then I used it in an old post that I never posted... I do that a lot, if I am bored I will design something but never show it because most people asking for help never stick around long enough or I lose interest in the person I am trying to help.

If you notice, the Quality logo is actually a knock off of an old post for Metzinger Construction (I never showed that either) and then shared it with Tint Guy.... but it originated from a rejected design from a few years back.

Added up, it took a couple of hours, but on your take, I liked your logo so much it took 5 minutes.

Attachments

• metzinger.jpg
    metzinger.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 109
  • quality signs.jpg
    quality signs.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Whits dry-2.jpg
    Whits dry-2.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 113
  • KLEMS.jpg
    KLEMS.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 95
  • METZINGER CARD.jpg
    METZINGER CARD.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 127

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The other thing I saw in your original idea is how it would work as a sign....

I can see you having many options if it's simple...

This is just a quick 10 minute idea, but you can do all types of dimensional treatments and materials....

Shown below is halo-lit KLEM'S and a AUTO BODY cabinet with push thru lettering on a stone base with aluminum cabinet.

Attachments

• klems monument.jpg
    klems monument.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 126

Jillbeans

Rick took this in the direction I would have if I was half as talented.
When I use the script you used in your #1 I always beef up the lower case letters.
I am of the thinking that AUTO BODY needs to stand out (not in a script)
Rick did it to perfection.
I like a dependable, older feel for an auto body sign.
Love.....Jill

Jim Doggett

I like the first one, with the kerning and apostrophe placement fixed. Maybe eliminate the connector between the m and s on Klem's.

My $0.02,

Jim

Jim Doggett

Postscript, of course, Rick's fixing of the logo is top rate, as always. Just pay the man -- and be happy everytime you drive by the business, see their trucks or come across a business card. Years and years of pride. (and others might buy from you)