• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boo... Grimco won't be carrying Oracal

Bigdawg

Just Me
Advantage Sign Supply is right up the street from you and carries the full Oracal line.

Good suggestion! I just got off the phone with Doug (Tampa branch manager) and he is going to see what he can do for us in regards to pricing.

My biggest problem dealing with Fellers is that I'm just customer #8,900,l67. I'd prefer to establish a relationship with a local supplier that knows my name, knows what I need and can help me when I run into problems. So if we can get the price points right... I think Advantage may be that shop.

parrott

Good suggestion! I just got off the phone with Doug (Tampa branch manager) and he is going to see what he can do for us in regards to pricing.

My biggest problem dealing with Fellers is that I'm just customer #8,900,l67. I'd prefer to establish a relationship with a local supplier that knows my name, knows what I need and can help me when I run into problems. So if we can get the price points right... I think Advantage may be that shop.

Advantage is a great company and great people. I use them every chance I get and use Fellers as my second resort. Their prices are competitive with Fellers and your not giving Frank more money to wrap his name all over his '68 mustang.

J

john1

Fellers was over $100 more for automotive protection film when i looked into it than my current supplier and all their cut vinyl prices were higher also not including the shipping Fellers would add onto it if it's under $100.

$100 is nothing to the bigger guys but to small guys like me it's not a normal order if i only need a roll or 2 of cut vinyl.

HulkSmash

Fellers was over $100 more for automotive protection film when i looked into it than my current supplier and all their cut vinyl prices were higher also not including the shipping Fellers would add onto it if it's under $100.

$100 is nothing to the bigger guys but to small guys like me it's not a normal order if i only need a roll or 2 of cut vinyl.

100 adds up to be a lot to everyone. I pay 60$ more a kit from grimco because their service is far superior to fellers. I wouldn't pay a whole lot more.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Nglantz beats Feller's on everything I buy. It's not even close. Plus they deliver twice a day. I freaking love my local Nglantz....

I concur! Ruth, Pete, and Garrick all go out of their way to be extremely helpful for us. Typically they meet or beat any pricing we have from any other vendor local or online (With shipping, etc.), and 2 deliveries a day is super helpful when I'm over 75 miles from their location.... Fellers wont even courier to us so its either we drive if in a rush or wait a day.

But I can see where the whole experience plays in, 3 years ago Montroys was a nightmare to deal with... we have been slowly giving them more of our business and in 3 years they made some key changes to their operation out here and its a night/day difference.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i don't care one bit where it comes from as long as it's the cheapest..... in the end, that is the way to maximize my profits.

glantz, cowboy, grimco, garston, etc.... whoever is cheapest.....

Mosh

NGlantz SUCKS!!! If you order enough from Fellers they know who you are. I get the same gal 4 of 10 calls and she knows me by my voice.

Desert_Signs

NGlantz SUCKS!!! If you order enough from Fellers they know who you are. I get the same gal 4 of 10 calls and she knows me by my voice.

Must be the branch. Mine is awesome.

Extremely helpful, responsive, fast, just all around good people. I've had the branch manager deliver to me after hours on more than one occasion. The drivers are friendly and accommodating. When things go wrong, it's no problem to get it fixed.

To top it off, they beat pretty much everyone on material prices.

tomence

I deal directly with the sales manager at my Fellers branch and get way lower prices than what's in the catalog. I can tell now from years ago that Fellers or the sales manager now respects my business. She calls at least twice a month to check up on me if everything is in order. Lately i have been dealing with the sales manager at Advantage because i wanted to buy the new HP L26 but decided to go with the Mimaki and can tell that this guys are not joking around. They really go above and beyond and will try do to anything to get my business. I was very impressed with their customer service and everyone that works at Advantage.

Can't go wrong with either company, but Advantage has way better customer service.

Gene@mpls

Nglantz beats Feller's on everything I buy. It's not even close. Plus they deliver twice a day. I freaking love my local Nglantz....

Mpls area people are great too- Long Tall Dan and his crew- if I call by
9:00 I get it by noon, if I ask for a early delivery the day before- they
have been here before 8:00 in the am.

And I thought US Cutter was the cheapest, I will check these other places mentioned here.

U.S Cutter definitely has great prices on Oracal. That's where we buy a majority of our Oracal stock. I don't like buying outside our local area if I can avoid it, but since N&F Supply (Springfield,IL) changed over to Grimco, I have very little reason to do business with them. Most of what Grimco distributes seems cheap to me. They are like the Wal Mart of sign supplies in my opinion. We tried N.Glantz last month for a very large order and the service was okay, I guess. Nothing impressive, but we got what we needed and got it on time, even though they had to ship us products from 3 or 4 different locations. I think we will likely be buying our sign blanks from one of the local plastics companies in the future and will continue to buy most, if not all, of our Oracal from U.S. Cutter.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Here in NE we (and I think Mosh too) are part of the KC Branch territory. I have called them more than once for pricing and answers and they do a poor job of getting back with me.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Whoever is cheapest today will be my place to buy a vinyl. :thumb:

I'd rather establish a relationship and pay a couple more bucks. That method has saved my butt more than once when I screwed something up or needed something NOW. I see value in working with a vendor that way.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Our Fellers rep is great. Always calls us back within an hour if he doesnt answer his phone. He has beat everyone around us on price since we switched. We were using GSG but after we had a rough experience getting a GX640 45 days after we bought it, I said no more.

We use Oracal for just about everything but our wraps. I wish I could get Avery at the price point we get Oracal at. I would use Oracal for our wraps but the initial tack is horrible in our Texas heat. Also the stretch might be great for a HHR but for a box truck it will kick your a$$.

I think I have used about everyone over the last 20 years. Fellers at the moment is fitting our needs well.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I'd rather establish a relationship and pay a couple more bucks. That method has saved my butt more than once when I screwed something up or needed something NOW. I see value in working with a vendor that way.

but...

my local supplier, garston, which hand delivers everyday for me, is usually my vendor of choice.

but, when i can get latex ink cart's, free shipping, for $30 less - i go shopping.

i have 5 or 6 preferred vendors, depending on the product....

MikePro

I have been a die-hard Oracal fan for printing. But I'm not going to start ordering from someone else that I don't want to do business with.

So I have a dilemma. What do I do??? By the time I pay for shipping and full off-the-shelf-no-relationship-pricing from other vendors - the pricing hasn't been worth it.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what the best comparable vinyl might be?
I LOVE Oracal too! However,I'm down to only 1 supplier that carries it, Fellers, and I like to have options so I started researching another go-to "non-3M" product...
Arlon has come out strong with Oracal products/pricing. Give them a shot and you won't be disappointed. I have a product cross-reference chart if you like.