• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bookkeeper Sign Layout - Layout Help

SignManiac

Offer her an upgraded deluxe option. You never know. Even show her that she can really stand out like others in her profession do!

Attachments

• Jamie Reed.jpg
    Jamie Reed.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 78
  • james king.jpg
    james king.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 84

TXFB.INS

Offer her an upgraded deluxe option. You never know. Even show her that she can really stand out like others in her profession do!

This is getting top vote for me.

other point is where is this sign going? ie how fast are the drivers going?
while all the information is good will it be able to be read on the drive by?

briankb

Premium Subscriber
other point is where is this sign going? ie how fast are the drivers going?
while all the information is good will it be able to be read on the drive by?

I agree about too much. I may tweak it further if allowed to remove a few services. Specifically "Elder Care Mgt" and "Trust Accounting" which were confusing to me at first. Some people may not make the accounting only connection.

It's going in the front yard of their office, which is a converted 3b/1b home and it's 1 house down from a stop light on a well trafficked street. Speed limit is 35mph in that area but 45mph about 1/4-1/2 mi further away from stop light.

Jillbeans

Can I play?
There is entirely too much copy on that sign.
Keep it simple.
Tell her to save the laundry list for her bizcards/website.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 72

visual800

this has been a fun post! Its amazing how different our styles are. You see someone elses art and you wonder "damn, why did I not think of that" this is what makes this forum fun

Yes Jill I agree there started out way too much copy on that sign but I needed a lil somn to fill up that damn 80s style panel that really needs to be ripped down and replaced, I despise that crap

Craig Sjoquist

Be interesting to see what is finished & how it looks & works for the service.

Agrees with ya Visual 800 fun post & why didn't I think of that thoughts are sure there.

Signmaniac sure hit it the accounting service really needs to upscale the sign image, I like it seeing when accounting, lawyers, doctors, & such have high end look to them & gold leaf, dimension, darker colors, shapes do that

briankb

Premium Subscriber
that panel sucks but you guys and gal all rocked it! thanks!!!

I'm cleaning my garage this weekend but I should have a few of these to show her Monday afternoon. I will post our progress.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Here is a version with some help from a number of contributions, the two most noticeable in this version are from Sign Maniac and Slapakiss.

I have a few more tweaks to do tomorrow. Specifically to try and find the font Slapakiss used for her name and to find a better way to show the "since 2004".

@Slapakiss - What font did you use for her name?

Thanks again to everyone!

Attachments

• Jamie-Reed-Sign-SlapaManiac-Style.gif
    Jamie-Reed-Sign-SlapaManiac-Style.gif
    34.6 KB · Views: 81

Craig Sjoquist

Likes what your finish result looks like indeed & the font looks like ..sign painters brush script from ??

Awesome image branding indeed great job

briankb

Premium Subscriber
the font looks like ..sign painters brush script from ??

On the one in #28 for her name is "Better Heather" and can be found on DaFont. That said I really like the font Slapakiss used for his example. So I'm hoping to find out what it is and do another version with that font.

Can I play? There is entirely too much copy on that sign. Keep it simple.

Sorry I don't know how but I didn't see you entry until just now. But it looks great! I love that color and the font for her name, what did you use?

I'm not sure she will go with one without her services but I will give it a shot!

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Nice improvement from the first submission! Glad I was able to offer some inspiration Brian.

Me too! It's night and day between the first two and the last one. Thanks!

I will make a few more changes tomorrow and send her a proof. Since it is a simple two color. I'm considering painting the sign background then using paint mask to apply the green.

Anyone care to share any tips on that process or if it's even an appropriate option?

Jillbeans

There are still some problems with your layout.
The J in Jamie needs to be moved over to the right a tad.
The copy at the top portion needs to be moved down a bit.

My name font is a freebie called Stephanie Marie (thanks Tim)

Be careful with using a paint mask.
It's an option, of course, but can make a real mess if you are not familiar with using one.
If you wait too long to remove, it can stick and chip the paint.
But if you remove it too soon, you get splotches everywhere.
I've found that Oramask by Oracal is the best paint mask brand.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
so.... the client finally decided to get her sign done. her husband or one of his employees made a new board by using a pattern bit on a router and tracing the old board. Then gave it several coats of semi-gloss outdoor paint. I got the board from them a few hours ago.

I'm trying to get her to switch to the one Jillbeans designed but she didn't like the color... I told her we can change that obviously so I'm just waiting to see which one to use and get it started.

I will update this ancient post as things progress so everyone can enjoy the ride :)

SignManiac

Gotta love a client that takes their time to make up their mind. I've had them come to me two years later to say, go ahead and get started....

Billct2

how about when they come back after months and months (when you blew a lot of time with them to begin with) and say "We neeed the sign next week for our grand opening and oh yea we change our mind about the color (again)"