• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boston here I come!

BobM

Boston Beer is a great visit. Just be prepared for the neighborhood and the multiple buildings. Provincetown is always worth the trip. It really is a different place.

CES020

Boston is a fun city. More than you could do in a week, for sure. So many things to do, no matter what your interests. The food is great, just ask locals where to get the good stuff. Beer is awesome, people there have always been very friendly.

It really depends on what you like to do. Got any insight into the types of things you might like? History, science, sports, beer?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Damn,

Got me interested to take a peek at Butera's site again and it's not there...

Looks like Fisher college swept them up from across the street
and closed the sign painting and commercial art programs.

http://www.fisher.edu/academics/butera-school-of-art.html

That sucks, Hand lettering, pin-striping, airbrushing, layout and design, signs, murals, gold leaf on substrates, gold leaf on glass, etc. gone...

lexsigns

Damn,

Got me interested to take a peek at Butera's site again and it's not there...

Looks like Fisher college swept them up from across the street
and closed the sign painting and commercial art programs.

http://www.fisher.edu/academics/butera-school-of-art.html

That sucks, Hand lettering, pin-striping, airbrushing, layout and design, signs, murals, gold leaf on substrates, gold leaf on glass, etc. gone...

I know- very sad.... Maybe it's time to open up a school and start a new generation... sign of the times :(

MikePro

Wow nice! Thanks for the responses! Lol @ Rūpužé, toad, yeah Lithuanians don't have actual curse words but that's prolly the worst thing you can call someone besides a gaidys (literal term rooster, but known as a term for f*g) or a juodukai (literal is black child but is slang for the n-word)
They do use a few Russian curse words to extend the vocabulary, otherwise it's mainly a very musical and simple language. Odd considering it's a 1000yr old country.
Anywho. Marriott hotel rox, especially how it's attached to the mall and the Sheridan where all the overflow Lithuanians are staying too. Hotel security is working overtime trying to keep a lid on the 1500 dancers and 5000 Lithuanians flooding the city for the weekend. Sam Adams brewery tour was awesome, and just about to go on a bar crawl after a 12hr day of polka practice. Event is tomorrow at the hockey arena on the university campus where we're performing tomorrow.

Think i might take the ducks tour in the morning, as they parked right across the street from me, in hopes that I can see a bit more of the city before I leave Monday a.m. to get back to the shop by noon to stay on top of some projects. Shame I can't stay longer but got sooo much going on at work that requires me to be there.

MikePro

Gameplan. Ducks early a.m. And jumping off the Harvard bridge right after before the performance. Should be a great add-on to my tourist bucket list check offs.