• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

box truck

John Butto

Supergraphics

We use calendared vinyl on flat vehicle surfaces all the time. Price seems to be #1 priority anymore and I can't get anybody to pay for cast. We did this whole project with 3551 / 290G:

That is one big good looking wrapped rig.

"Deposit Please"

That's not what you said earlier. What lam do you use with ij180? oh, and how does that lay down for you? I'm always willing to sample.

FatCat

I tried the 3551 on 2 box trucks last year that had smooth fiberglass boxes. Seem to be holding up great so far, other than the typical scratches from hitting low limbs, etc on the road.

kstompaint

don't be surprised if they come back in like 4 months with it peeling back. You may save money in the materials but you spend it all paying your installers to install it. It takes longer..
I couldn't disagree more. Actually, the calendared vinyl is slightly more rigid than the cast, which I think makes the panels easier to line up. That wrap has been on there for about a year and they just called this morning to order a few prints to replace panels that they damaged. We have been installing calendared vinyl on flat vehicles for years and have never replaced or repaired a single one. The first trailer I ever wrapped belongs to a close friend of mine. We wrapped it with the same material we used on the toter that I posted and it's always stored outside. It literally still looks brand new.

jc1cell

I couldn't disagree more. Actually, the calendared vinyl is slightly more rigid than the cast, which I think makes the panels easier to line up. That wrap has been on there for about a year and they just called this morning to order a few prints to replace panels that they damaged. We have been installing calendared vinyl on flat vehicles for years and have never replaced or repaired a single one. The first trailer I ever wrapped belongs to a close friend of mine. We wrapped it with the same material we used on the toter that I posted and it's always stored outside. It literally still looks brand new.

How are the rivets holding up?

"Deposit Please"

How does that work, using a 10yr outdoor cast with a 5yr outdoor laminate. Would that affect the longevity of the media? ..interested to know..any feedback would be appreciated

Last edited:

kstompaint

It didn't have rivets, but this combination works fine with rivets as well. I've always used calendared vinyl on trailers and box trucks and have never had one brought back.

Jace161

I've never had a problem with 3551 RA either and I've used it on box trucks, RV's(full wraps), and toters like shown above. The only time it sucks a little is install around rivets or complex curves. You can make it do most of what you want but if the curves are too complex you need 3951 or 3M matching grade vinyl.

WOODBS

these have the four big screws, with plastic covers. Not gonna drill out, gonna go over, with 180

WOODBS

since IJ40 doesn't habe controltac, how was it during install? My rep said it would adhere on contact without squeegee