• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

break thru banner for footbal

luggnut

i've got a request for a run thru football banner.. you know the cheerleaders hold it up then the team runs thru it..

has anyone done one of these? and if so how? did you do it in 2 piece held by tape or velcro or in more pieces?

SignosaurusRex

Printed poster paper perforated with a perforating wheel.

Attachments

• crackers2-lg--gt_full_width_landscape.jpg
    crackers2-lg--gt_full_width_landscape.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 106

luggnut

I would think it would be more of a paper product....?

they want to be able to reuse it.

i checked out the amtek link... it says velcro. has anyone print there own and use velcro? it seems that it might hold too well and hurt one of the poor cheerleaders.

Pat Whatley

Vinyl lettered - buy the blank from Fellers. They have strips of velcro on the back.

Digital - print the two halves, make sure you leave about 6" extra on one half so you can velcro the other half over it. The velcro is going to have to be sewn on, just using the advesive velcro won't hold up. If you just want to sub the whole thing out www.georgiaprintco.com can do them.

the velcro isn't a solid strip running up. There are 6" pieces with 12" between them.

One hint, on the back put arrows where the two halves join together. It's almost impossible to see the seam under stadium lights, the arrows give players something to aim at.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Printed poster paper perforated with a perforating wheel.

i hate those things....but i think my hatred is directly related to the fact that when i used a perf wheel, i then had to use the sock full of chalk dust with the pounce pattern i'd created and i HATE chalk dust...

Circleville Signs

+1 to Pat's method. That is what we do, and have done dozens of them. I only use three pieces of velcro, about 4" long each, on a 4'x8' banner.

tcorn1965

We do them here, surprisingly popular. Here is how we do it.
Reusable Two Part Break-Away Banners: We attach two banner halves together at the top, center, and bottom with sewn-in Velcro hook and loop fastener.

Reusable Four Part Break-Away Banners: We divide the banner size into 4 equal sections and attach them together at the top, center, and bottom of each section with sewn-in Velcro hook and loop fasteners.

Terry

Brandon708

Break thru banners I see all the time on tv never go well. I would go the extra step and make a waver form that your customer signs. Just to protect yourself if anyone hurts themselves while running into your banner thats "supposed to break-away"

i hate those things....but i think my hatred is directly related to the fact that when i used a perf wheel, i then had to use the sock full of chalk dust with the pounce pattern i'd created and i HATE chalk dust...

not an answer tothe banner question but an alternative to chalk dust...use graphite

K2

We just buy the break away banners from fellers and then just put vinyl letters on them, easiest solution we have come up with. Seemed to us it was worth the little bit extra money to just have them make it and not have to spend the time putting the velcro and stuff on it and if it didnt hold up or something I can go back to Fellers (or where ever) and make my case on why it didnt hold up.

Marie

Bringing this old thread back to life: Do you put pole pockets on the outer sides? How to the cheerleaders hold them? Just had an inquiry today about this :)

JMPrinting

I've done quite a few of these. They've all been digitally printed, I just overlap the prints by 1.5" and use 1" Velcro. Good quality Velcro that comes in rolls. I cut them in 4-5" strips and space them apart up the center. Works fine

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Bringing this old thread back to life: Do you put pole pockets on the outer sides? How to the cheerleaders hold them? Just had an inquiry today about this :)
Sew on loops of webbing in the corners, maybe? Knowing how dumb teenagers can be sometimes, they'd probably hurt themselves if there was a pole!

phototec

Sew on loops of webbing in the corners, maybe? Knowing how dumb teenagers can be sometimes, they'd probably hurt themselves if there was a pole!

I need to make a break-a-way banner for a little league football team, can you give me some more DETAILS.

Overall size?

You say you use 1" Velcro strips 4-5" long, how far apart do you space them?

Do you sew the Velcro strips onto the banner?

Do you use pole pockets in the ends?

Do you digitally print our use cut vinyl?