• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Breakaway Banners

SAR.Summerlin

I have a customer asking about breakaway banners the kind they run through at the beginning of a football game. Can anyone tell me the best material to use for this I have never had a request like this before.

Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now that you mention it, ours is on about a 7" or 8" core. However, it's only about 51" wide and some at 64". I would just make a 'make-shift' stand and run it off that instead of the take up reel provided with the printer. The longest run we ever did on that stuff was about 70' long.

We get ours from Georgia Pacific. They're called 'Butt-End' Rolls. We order by the pound in off-set. One roll could weigh close to 400lbs when we get it. When starting out, I used to go through two or three rolls a month making paper signs for food store chains up and down the 'East Coast' each and every week. That was some gig. :thumb: