• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brick Vinyl Removal and Install

Chicken Quasar

Has anyone installed or removed brick vinyl? We've done interior brick vinyl installs with ease but this will be outdoor and will require a lift and the removal of the previous vinyl.

They don't want to keep the sign down for too long, but I am trying to encourage them to paint the wall after the removal so we can have better adhesion.

We were thinking of charging about $25/sqft for end to end service including the removal and install.

Are we in the ballpark or way off?

Attachments

• IMG_3568.JPG
    IMG_3568.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3569.JPG
    IMG_3569.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 74

Chicken Quasar

removing regular vinyl is horrible i can only imagine how much elbow grease it will take to remove brick vinyl.
I picked at this stuff and it seemed to come off relatively easily. But I didn't try a large amount. have you removed brick vinyl or just thinking how it would go?

petepaz

no i have never removed brick vinyl, maybe you will get lucky.
if it is coming off easy when you pick at it try a pressure washer. if you can get one that heats the water that would be best

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
As to your question, I'd charge an hourly rate rather than a square foot price for the removal. If it comes off easy, then you may "lose" a little revenue, but if you quote a square foot price and it ends up taking a long time, you're going to be in the hole for all of the extra time it takes.
Without actually knowing anything about the conditions for the install, I'd agree with asking them to paint the wall- of course, they're realtors (a notoriously... "thrifty" bunch) which means (if they paint it at all) they'll use the cheapest paint and want you to install the next day, before the paint properly cures/dries/whatever, and then they'll complain when the graphics fail because they wouldn't wait/or they used anti-graffiti paint/whatever else might go wrong. Personally, I wouldn't offer any sort of discount, rather, I'd charge a normal production and install rate, with maybe an extra 5-10% added in for the P.I.T.A. factor

Bxtr

We have installed 3M 480 on brick, it took us little to no time at all to remove. It was up for 2 - 2 1/2 years 26'x10'.
It was on bare brick with no paint so I can't speak to how much paint will come with it.

With not knowing which material was used it's a guessing game. I'd just tell them an hourly rate and whatever happens to the paint is out of your hands.

BCStickerGuys

Hopefully it comes up without leaving the adhesive on the wall, that would be a nightmare.
Acetone will break the adhesive down quickly, but I would still use a pressure washer so that I could remove that Acetone as fast as possible or you will end up with the white streaks