• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bright Colors Epson s80600

klingsdesigns

Here they are. Not sure why all the images flipped?

Attachments

• IMG_6454.JPG
    IMG_6454.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 468
  • IMG_6455.JPG
    IMG_6455.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 466
  • IMG_6456.JPG
    IMG_6456.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 461
  • IMG_6457.JPG
    IMG_6457.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 449

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
So, these prints are now THE guide until you may create even better using the same media & setup. I suggest you write the date & settings on them and keep them handy and in good condition.

You can set Onyx to print information in the print margin for you. From the Onyx guide...
“The Marks option allows you to determine the marks that will be used with your image. [Marks] assist you in cutting, welding, and framing your finished job (Figure 1).

You can also set up the [Print Label] from the [Marks] option. The [Print Label] contains information about your job such as user information, job ticket, job information, print information, and date/time printed. This information is printed with your image in one of the margins and can help you recreate the image at a later date.

Many shops print the options they need on all their prints.

klingsdesigns

So, these prints are now THE guide until you may create even better using the same media & setup. I suggest you write the date & settings on them and keep them handy and in good condition.

You can set Onyx to print information in the print margin for you. From the Onyx guide...
“The Marks option allows you to determine the marks that will be used with your image. [Marks] assist you in cutting, welding, and framing your finished job (Figure 1).

You can also set up the [Print Label] from the [Marks] option. The [Print Label] contains information about your job such as user information, job ticket, job information, print information, and date/time printed. This information is printed with your image in one of the margins and can help you recreate the image at a later date.

Many shops print the options they need on all their prints.

Thats a good idea I will do that next time. Colors are very nice on this printer.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We print the job label every time, using small text. We cut one of these off of every run and attach it to the job order form.
Then, if we ever have to reprint a panel (damaged/wrecked vehicle) or they order another print to match we know for certain what printer/preset was used.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Can this Epson Wide CMYK ver2 be applied in FlexiSign 10.5
Yes, and it should also be installed onto your graphic workstations.

Because you're asking the question, I recommend you study or refresh your memory about color management so you can take advantage of the profile. It's critical to know how and when to use it.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
We print the job label every time, using small text. We cut one of these off of every run and attach it to the job order form.
Then, if we ever have to reprint a panel (damaged/wrecked vehicle) or they order another print to match we know for certain what printer/preset was used.
As a customer or installer in the field, how does one know which “run” a damaged print is from?

jfiscus

Rap Master
We keep those decals on our work orders. The installers log the VIN of every vehicle we do on their installation sheet for that vehicle.
You can't trust a "unit number" as those sometimes get reassigned as vehicles leave/enter the fleet.
The VIN gets entered into our system as part of the post-billing / filing process.
When a customer reports a wreck (shipping panels out today for one in fact) we request the VIN and look for that in our system.
When we find it we look at the scan of the order and what the decal says.

It hasn't always been that easy, it's taken a lot of frustration to get these processes in place. They don't always get followed either, but we try!
Having all of the employees understand WHY they have to log everything we request from them during their part of the project helps them be more likely to follow the procedures.

klingsdesigns

Whats the normal or most common colormangment that you select in onyx to get the right colors when people send you files of their logos. The correct cmky image cmyk vector rgb image and rgb vector then what rendering intents do you select? Do you keep proof to no profile selected? Then also the output.