• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bruised Kidney?

signmeup

I over-rotated a little last night at TKD and got nailed in the kidney area by a hard back kick. We were doing drills, not fighting so the kick was pretty solid and I wasn't trying to avoid it. The "kicker" was 6'3" and 180 lbs. and known for his strong back kick. The guy felt really bad but it was my fault. I didn't feel too bad after I "walked it off" but by 9pm I was in quite a bit of pain. Then it kinda subsided and then woke me up at about 3am. Now it just hurts all the time. I'm hoping it's just some kind of muscle damage but it sure feels weird. I googled it and now I'm sure I'm gonna die.(jk) I'm getting too old for this crap. Anyone ever have a bruised kidney? How long does it last?

Mosh

Is there blood in your urine? I fell off our half-pipe a year ago and bruised my kidney, peeing blood is scary. It hurt for 2 weeks, doc told me to drink lots and lots of water.
That is all they did for me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Never had it personally, but a cousin of mine was hit there with something and it was injured rather badly and a good friend of mine had his injured and both said drinking lotsa water [as Mushputz said]..... is about the only thing you can do. My friend eventually had to have one of his removed, but I think that's because he had abused his over they years with much drinking..... of alcohol.

Si Allen

Hahahaha...you will live!

In 1967 T has a section of 6 " pipe fall on me ....Xrays showed the kidney was bleeding and the 2 lil ribs near the kidney broken. They kept me in the hospital for 2 days to make sure the kidney stopped bleeding and sent me home. Broken ribs hurt the most.

42 years later, and I am still around!

:biggrin:

signmeup

Thanks guys....I feel better already. I'm gonna try beer. That always seems to go through pretty quick.

Mosh

Hey, we all know how much I like to drink, but, I would say hold off for a day or two on the boozing if it hurts that bad. Water only.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I over-rotated a little last night at TKD and got nailed in the kidney area by a hard back kick. We were doing drills, not fighting so the kick was pretty solid and I wasn't trying to avoid it. The "kicker" was 6'3" and 180 lbs. and known for his strong back kick. The guy felt really bad but it was my fault. I didn't feel too bad after I "walked it off" but by 9pm I was in quite a bit of pain. Then it kinda subsided and then woke me up at about 3am. Now it just hurts all the time. I'm hoping it's just some kind of muscle damage but it sure feels weird. I googled it and now I'm sure I'm gonna die.(jk) I'm getting too old for this crap. Anyone ever have a bruised kidney? How long does it last?

Never bruised one but I did fracture one once. Damn near split that sucker right in half. The result of a cow, a horse, and myself trying to occupy the same space at the same time at about 40mph, saying to myself at the time "This is really gonna hurt." Three days in the ICU and a couple of months on injured reserve.

Marlene

Never bruised one but I did fracture one once. Damn near split that sucker right in half. The result of a cow, a horse, and myself trying to occupy the same space at the same time at about 40mph, saying to myself at the time "This is really gonna hurt." Three days in the ICU and a couple of months on injured reserve.

ouch!

GypsyGraphics

signmeup, I don't think you should assume it's just a bruised kindey! At least give your doctor a call and ask if you should come in.

3dsignco

It might just be the muscle over the Kidney. I fell about 20 feet and landed right on my side once.. Swore I had internal damage. Just a Bruised muscle and Rib. The Muscle hurt for a week or so the Rib about 2 months.

I would still go have it checked out.

Then I fall 3 feet.. Shattered my elbow in 9 places Now I have a nice Stainless Steel Elbow Thanks to the worlds most expensive Dirty Gutter.

signmeup

I think I'll go get checked out. What's really weird is it feels like I just got kicked in the cubes as well as the back pain. But only on the side I got hit on. I suppose the plumbing's all interconnected.

(I was kidding about the beer.)

Mosh

Dude your going to be peeing blood soon, I am warning you now cause it is freaky and scary!

iSign

I think I'll go get checked out. What's really weird is it feels like I just got kicked in the cubes as well as the back pain. But only on the side I got hit on. I suppose the plumbing's all interconnected.

(I was kidding about the beer.)

GOING???

GET GONE DUDE!!

WTF!!! WHAT THE HELL GOOD IS THE MIRACLE OF MODERN MEDICINE IF YA SIT AROUND ON A CHAT FORUM THINKIN ABOUT IT... SHEESH...

ya know I'm only yelling 'cause we don't wanna hear about irrepairable damage due to delay... it's practically Christmas eve... to hell with work... see the doc!

Mosh

Let me guess, you are waiting until the Health care bill gets passed? Don't wait, after that thing goes through no one will be able to afford to go to the doctor!!!!!

signmeup

Mosh, I'm in Canada....we already have that.

Well.....I just got back from the hospital and I have blood in my urine so it looks like it's a damaged kidney but hopefully a mild case. (man, that guy can hit....it was through a heavy practice shield!) I have to go back Sunday and be retested....unless it gets worse...then I have to rush back. Time to take life easy for a few days....or so. Moan.....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good luck and look into an easier sport like fishin' for guppies at the local pet store or get a temporary job at a tanning salon showing people to their room.

signmeup

Gino, I think maybe I'll look into Aussi rules football or maybe Hurling.... (if you've never seen a Hurling match, google it. You won't believe how rough that sport is. It was dreamt up by a bunch of Scotts so I guess it's to be expected.)

Oh, I looked up Houdini....he died from a punch to the stomach which led to appendicitis that he didn't get treatment for.