• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bruised Kidney?

John L

I have taken a pass on the doctor for a lot of stuff too. Glad to hear you went in for this one. I took a hard hit there from skateboarding years ago. I saw blood too. Same treatment as stated.. water and rest.

Speedy recovery!

rjpjr

...Well.....I just got back from the hospital and I have blood in my urine so it looks like it's a damaged kidney but hopefully a mild case. (man, that guy can hit....it was through a heavy practice shield!) I have to go back Sunday and be retested....unless it gets worse...then I have to rush back. Time to take life easy for a few days....or so. Moan.....

How is the Kidney feeling??

signmeup

Feels fine now. The blood had cleared up after a few days when I went for the second test. The only time I notice it now is if I bump the area or tap it to see if it's still sore. Doesn't take much of a tap. Never got a bruise out of it that you could see. No more TKD until Jan 5th so I should be OK by then. I'll be taking it easy for a month or so though. I think it would be bad to get hit there again before it's 100% healed. I'll hold two shields doubled up when we're practicing back kicks from now on. I just had no idea this was even possible.

Thanks for asking BTW.