• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bucket Truck sign holder

R08

yeah really...

I built robotic arms with articulating aluminum fingers & electromagnetic finger tips, as well as optional retracting suction cups, velcro pads & duct-tape fingertip extensions. These are covered with fleshy prosthetic skin mounted to the life-size tool-time girl sculpture welded to the bucket truck, & remote controlled from my lazy-boy, via my satellite video feed...

Come on ... Pics!!!! :ROFLMAO:

mharrison

I to myself have a single fiberglass bucket truck and have a 6' x 10' backlit sign face to install this week. I would appreciate any photos of fixtures that would help me install these type of panels. Thanks for your help.

Martin

Mosh

I solved this years ago...it is called having a boom truck along with a service/bucket truck!!! Remeber bucket trucks are only rated for certain weights.

gbarker

I to myself have a single fiberglass bucket truck and have a 6' x 10' backlit sign face to install this week. I would appreciate any photos of fixtures that would help me install these type of panels. Thanks for your help.

Martin

If it's a pan face I've used automotive repair suction cups (http://www.harborfreight.com/dual-cup-suction-lifter-46134.html) You just need to make sure the material is clean. I generally use the inside of the panel so the suction cup doesn't span over and vinyl. To ease things sometime taking the top and side retainer off helps. Make sure you put the top retainer on top of the sign so you can get to it.

401Graphics

Bringing this thread back to life because i need somthing like this for my bucket truck. Has anybody been able to get pics?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Bucket manufacturer, osha, smart insurance guys, and the like would probably frown on it

Yep, a local tree trimmer in our neck of the woods thought he'd try to use the bucket to support a limb he was cutting...long story short...he managed to completely sever the bucket from the boom and fell 60 feet in the process. He survived the fall by landing in some of the brush he'd been trimming. Perhaps his tether was connected to the bucket, and not the boom.

Looking at the splintered mess, my guess was that the fiberglass had fatigued due to the elements, thus compromising its strength.

I'd be cautious about lifting any more than what the bucket is rated for.

JB

visual800

aight, don't laugh at art but this is what we did. Our bucket is one man and has a thick plastic liner inside. We built this because we had to install 4 200# gemini plaques on base for another company, and Im not getting any younger

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 224

FS-Keith

Please for the love of god do not cut a hole in your fiberglass bucket like that. post a pic of your bucket and ill give you some tips if you really need this.

d fleming

Bucket manufacturer, osha, smart insurance guys, and the like would probably frown on it but we did about the same as BobM mentioned. I can get a pic tomorrow.

The bucket mounted supports can make your bucket a little tipsy if you overdo the load (in our experience anyway) so be more careful there.

The mast-mount also works but has it's limitations too. When servicing a face thats at the height reach limit of the bucket, it can be difficult to maneuver or keep the panel from getting scratched by the bucket (also in our experience).

Our installers favorite is the cage style bucket on our big truck. he just lets a boot stick over the edge of the toe boards, set the sign face on the top of his foot, and away you go. This doesnt work well for smaller height faces but I have seen him effortlessly lift 4' and 5' high faces lots of times.
Open bucket and boot here too