• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bug guts, how to remove?

petepaz

i have a couple of companies that i letter their fleets and this time of year i encounter a lot of dead bugs to clean off the trucks. usually some denatured alcohol and goof off do the trick but i have had a few stubborn carcasses i can't remove without scrapping. any tips/tricks or a magic chemical that gets this stuff off?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Got one of these at the Army/Navy store a few years back. Works for a lotta things. Even keeps bad neighbors away..............

attachment.php

Attachments

• m2-flamethrower_2.jpg
    m2-flamethrower_2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 157

ExecuPrintGS

Bug and tar remover from a local auto parts store?
We have also used a clay bar before (but that only works if you know how to do it and make sure you bill it in)

d fleming

Try some rapid remover. A little late for this trick but before I go on long trips or when it is love bug season I spray the fronts of my vehicles with pam cooking spray. After that the bugs wash off with a hose.

Dan360

There are special sponges that are made to remove bugs, some gas stations carry them, but I doubt they will work if the bugs have baked on for a few months/years.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, if you don't like the flame thrower tool [which is really handy to have around]..... PREP-SOL is the ticket. Just don't let it dry on any surface. Do one or two swipes and the stuff will come right off. Insect remnants to tar to even vinyl adhesive. This stuff will remove it almost immediately.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
For fleet work I like to use soap and water and White Scotch Bright Pads or the generic ones from 44tools.com. I won't lie, most of the time I don't have water and just use 70 percent isopropyl alcohol.

Anyone who isn't familiar with 44tools.com should check out their site. They started with window tinting but have shifted to more vinyl tools. Great prices on knives and blades and the 6" Triumph Scrapers and blades make window remove a breeze.

bigben

Take a squeegee like in the picture. With the ''net'' on the ''sponge'', it does the trick very easy. And it does not damage the paint.

Attachments

• squeegee.jpg
    squeegee.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 87

S'N'S

For fleet work I like to use soap and water and White Scotch Bright Pads or the generic ones from 44tools.com. I won't lie, most of the time I don't have water and just use 70 percent isopropyl alcohol.

Anyone who isn't familiar with 44tools.com should check out their site. They started with window tinting but have shifted to more vinyl tools. Great prices on knives and blades and the 6" Triumph Scrapers and blades make window remove a breeze.

I use the white ones with hot soapy water as well even on my own cars/bikes as they will not scratch paint work. Note to others...DO NOT USE any other colored one as the WILL scratch the paint.
Also, don't scrub hard, just wash over a few times and the bugs will be gone.