• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Burgers for Boobies! LOL

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
who exactly is the "breast cancer in-crowd" bob?

I should think that might be those who know what a 'Susan G. Komen' is coupled with those who feel that there's some arcane meaning ascribed to the color pink.

Mike F

Between "Burgers 4 Boobies", "Susan G Komen for the Cure" with the pink ribbon / walking silhouette, and the part about some of the proceeds going to support someone in what's obviously a charity walk, I'd say it's pretty clear what it's about. Would love to hear how you would make it more comprehensible than it already is bob. Be sure not to use any big words since people are apparently too stupid to comprehend it as it is. :doh:

Ontopic, I agree with Jill about the date and time, looks better that way as thinksigns showed.

bob

...Would love to hear how you would make it more comprehensible than it already is bob. Be sure not to use any big words since people are apparently too stupid to comprehend it as it is...

How about including the phrase 'breast cancer' somewhere in the copy? That way it's not alluding to something, it's coming right out and saying it.

Are those two words small enough for your cognitive engine to process?

CanuckSigns

The pink ribbon is probably one of the most recognized symbols around, when something becomes as mainstream and recognized as it has, you don't need to spell it out as well

Does Mcdonalds say hamburgers in their logo, does Nike say shoes?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Totally agree with Jill's take on the date and time area.

In addition..... bob, please, don't go any further. You are showing your ignorance and total lack of understanding with even the most simplest layout. It's one thing not to know what something is, but this is probably the biggest and best known name in this arena. Making fun or doing whatever it is you're doing about your not knowing something is... well, despicable for those that have people with cancer.... and not just breast cancer. Am I touchy about it ?? No, but then neither should you be by acting stoopid to someone else's disease.

10sacer

Ignorance is no excuse. If you just Google the word "Susan" - this is the second entry.

The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation is BY FAR - the leading vocal advocate for breast exam awareness, breast cancer research and charitable venue for breast cancer survivors and victims' families.

If you don't know what this is - then you are clearly not their target audience with this local attempt to help raise funds/awareness for this particular disease.

If you are just being obtuse - then go watch Swamp People or something else.

Please don't come back with some witty, smart a$$ reply. Just drop this and go do something productive.

bob

In addition..... bob, please, don't go any further. You are showing your ignorance and total lack of understanding with even the most simplest layout. It's one thing not to know what something is, but this is probably the biggest and best known name in this arena. Making fun or doing whatever it is you're doing about your not knowing something is... well, despicable for those that have people with cancer.... and not just breast cancer. Am I touchy about it ?? No, but then neither should you be by acting stoopid to someone else's disease.

A pretty enthusiastic rant for someone who's not touchy.

It may well be the best known name in that arena but if one is not familiar with that arena then it's pretty much meaningless. I'll admit to having seen the name but then I've also seen a lot of other names. Some associated with this or that cause, some not. I have other things to do than keep track of lower tier marginal notables.

Pink ribbon? There's all manner of ribbons for all manner of causes. Each and every one of them just as important to their supporters as this one is to its posse.

Just what is despicable in pointing out less than clear copy? Don't you think that this work would better serve its purpose if somewhere on it was stated what it was about in unequivocal terms?

Note that I never claimed to not understand it, merely that it was not universally understandable. This could easily be fixed with the addition of two words.

bob

...If you don't know what this is - then you are clearly not their target audience with this local attempt to help raise funds/awareness for this particular disease...

I should think that those that are unfamiliar with the subject would be the very people whose awareness you might want to raise. Otherwise you're just preaching to the choir.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Playing Devil's Advocate is a wonderful feature to have so you can turn it on and off as you need it, but I don't know how you can turn this onto me as being a rant, when you're the one displaying such callous feelings towards a well-known disease.

I'm sure we all have had many family members and friends pass away of this nasty disease, but for a person to trash something cause they don't know or understand something is just plain wrong. There are some here today, that have people in the horrible stages of this disease and to hear you poke fun of and use words which are purposely meant to hurt.... and not someone who has a layout lacking or some wrong color combination, but someone who needs help and passion which the Susan G Komen group does is as I said... despicable. Your words were aimed at Susan Komen, not the OP.

You say two words are missing, but yet you ridicule pink, the person's name, dancing, and snakes to get your point across. To someone that could really hurt, but on this site, you can say pretty much anything other than foul words, but to many.... this is worse than any foul word picked up by the censorship button.

Do you know how women feel when diagnosed with this disease and to stay strong , they try to beat it and look up to this and other groups ?? Evidently you don't know.... or you don't care judging by your posts.

That's a shame. I have a ton of respect for you, bob.... but this knocks the wind out of my sails.

Baz

WTF Bob.

"Anything" for Boobies along with a pink ribbon is all you need to know to figure out this is something in relation to breast cancer fundraising.

You're being to analytical about this layout.

sar bossier

Does anyone know how many MEN are diagnosed with breast cancer each year, and that the mortality rate for men is higher, BECAUSE they are men, and don't get screened??

Pat Whatley

Does anyone know how many MEN are diagnosed with breast cancer each year

Roughly 1 in 1000. Had to do banners for that a couple of years ago. 27% of men with breast cancer will die from it because they'll choose the "rub some dirt on it" method of treatment/denial.

WCSign

The only reason I was so quick about the date was that my son is getting married that day.
The bottom panel seems OK, what bugs me is the spacing on the date and time.
Comma after Sunday. Why the . after July 15th? You should make that a bullet point and then tighten up 11am and 5pm (I never space between the time ant the am/pm thing)
gracias, notes all taken ;)

playing around before I turn the Open sign on.

Thanks, its nice to see a different take on the bottom right.. Like I said, I was stuck on it.. Cheers

On another note, Its meant to be fun, for a good cause, and yes a little provocative. Most folks these days know what a pink ribbon represents. And its my experience that the women who do the walks and runs for komen are always having fun (pink wigs, tutus, funny shirts etc)

The lady who its supporting loves the banner (she made it her profile pic on FB)

So it isnt meant to be tacky, its lighthearted and all in good fun.. Plus "burgers 4 boobies" just sounds cool

Boob, sorry you dont comprehend the wording and I get your point even though you are making it in the most assenine way possible. The words "breast cancer" were not given to me in the copy for the banner

And anytime one can use the "bada boom" font and it actually comes out cool, then thats a plus LOL

Cheers guys!

bob

...I'm sure we all have had many family members and friends pass away of this nasty disease, but for a person to trash something cause they don't know or understand something is just plain wrong....

If pointing out unclear copy is trashing something then your definition of trashing and my own vary considerably. Any trashing was ably accomplished by those apparently packing a reverence for certain things that I do not share.

Note that I have had more than my share of friends and family members fold because of cancer. This does not imbue me with any more reverence for pink ribbons and other paraphernalia than does anything else. The map is not the territory, the symbol is not the thing itself.

I am curious about your criteria for 'just plain wrong'. Could you state it succinctly? Could you list, say, three things that are 'just plain wrong'? Note that if whatever you list is or has been a feature of some culture on this planet then that item is inherently invalid. What transcendental authority defines and publishes things that are 'just plain wrong'?

You appear rather provincial, I would hope that you might demonstrate that you are not.

showcase 66

For what it is for, I think the banner works great. Anytime you you can use the word boobies in public and not get slapped is a good day. I have probably 6 or 7 shirts from different organizations supporting breast cancer and only one of them say breast cancer on it.

You have
Save the Ta Ta's
I love boobies
Hooray BOOBIES!

Pretty much everyone of them is known for breast cancer. It also puts a lighter side to the breast cancer awareness. A lot of people dont like to talk or think about cancer in general. Having something more fun like Burgers for boobies makes it easier for people to open up and even help out more.

Now if I saw Burgers for Boobies on a banner, All I would be looking for was WHERE? Hey you never know, you buy a burger you get flashed. Sounds like a good deal to me.