• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bus Wrap Design

safeflight

I have to design this bus for a client. They like where all of the text and everything is and don't hate the background, but I'm not a huge fan of the background. Any suggestions of anything other than water drops? or colors? They want to keep it similar to jacksonville jaguar colors.

Opinions/suggestions,thoughts?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Opt2.jpg
    Opt2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 352

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Brew Bus? As in, beer?
Personally, I'd think a beer colored background might be better suited, with the lettering in the Jags' black/teal.

TXFB.INS

Brew Bus? As in, beer?
Personally, I'd think a beer colored background might be better suited, with the lettering in the Jags' black/teal.

+1

also bold blue font / tight kerning on blue background makes some of the texts impossible to read. above and on the side doors

TimToad

What about a very subtle, screened back vector pattern of repeating hops buds for the background? More like a tone on tone wallpaper than a distinct image.

Billct2

I guess you don't want to make any major changes so I would take the advice about kerning, highlight the skyline a little more (i missed it too) and
find a different texture for the background, it really doesn't look "beery". What about a hops & barley design?

safeflight

I agree with all of you guys' feedback. I like the idea of incorporating a hops and barley design in to the background and changing the color (Cause it does look like a car wash haha) I only don't want to move text around because that's what the client likes (But I am going to take the advice about changing the kerning) He also likes the windows the way they are, so I am just trying to find a solution for the background mostly. I'm going to try a few more things and repost a little later today. This was the original color of the bus:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mock6.jpg
    Mock6.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 252

TXFB.INS

Assuming those bubbles are condensation on the outside of the glass or are they air bubbles in the beer? either way it says nothing about beer.

since you already have the "beer windows" you can extend that concept the full length of the vehicle and loose the bubble background all together.

Pat Whatley

The water drops aren't working in either color. They are distracting, at best, and don't add anything to the design, they're just a cheap gimmicky space filler best reserved for cheap car washes. The name on the side needs to be bigger. I know you can't cover the windows but enlarge it to work in the space you have.

It's a tour of craft breweries.....those places seem to be all about natural wood grain, and copper, and old rusty industrial pulleys and bags of hops and grain, and bearded guys wearing leather aprons. Has potential to be an awesome project.

Marlene

the water drops don't work at all. just make the background a nice color that compliments the logo and makes it stand out. I like Pat's idea for wood, rust or something like that. the logo doesn't have to be huge but it also shouldn't blend into the background. the beer in the windows would look better if all the same color so it looks like the bus is full of beer instead of trying to make each window look like a glass of beer.