• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

business card layout

Jillbeans

Brian you are getting some good suggestions.
As always, I would say keep it simple.
No pix of furnaces, no blowhard clouds, etc.
:)
The red white and blue color combos always go over big in the Burgh.
Love....Jill

signage

The only problem is the customer wants the dragon and oldman blowing! I will work on it some more later and re post! Thank to everyone for the help and suggestions!

Doyle

if a s101 newb posted anything resembling this layout you all would tear him a new one. No offense but I think it is horrendous. At least I am being honest.

SignManiac

As long as you let the client dictate design parameters, you will never progress as a competent designer on your own. It's a convenient excuse to use, I've heard it used many times here.

As a sign/graphics/design professional, you need to educate your customer and if necessary, show them by example how you can better serve them with a better design.

There are things you will need to learn before you can do that. Good luck on that.

Dan Antonelli

As long as you let the client dictate design parameters, you will never progress as a competent designer on your own. It's a convenient excuse to use, I've heard it used many times here.

As a sign/graphics/design professional, you need to educate your customer and if necessary, show them by example how you can better serve them with a better design.

There are things you will need to learn before you can do that. Good luck on that.
:goodpost:

So true.

Grafix USA

The only problem is the customer wants the dragon and oldman blowing! I will work on it some more later and re post! Thank to everyone for the help and suggestions!

You've gotten some great advice and samples. 100's if not 1000's of dollars of free design advice (thanks Signs101). Design without the silly dragon and whatever the other thing is and if they demand it slap it on the back where it does't ruin your design. Try to educate the client about presenting themselves in the most professional light and their design jus doesn't do it. Also, if they demand the darn dragon tell them not to tell anyone who made their cards.

Biker Scout

I pretty much ignore the client's wishes about 90% of the time. I always design what I think would look best and is effective for their advertising needs. I don't allow them to tell me how to do my job, like I wouldn't be suggesting HVAC pointers to this client.

signage

OK what about this one

Attachments

• card ides.jpg
    card ides.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 121

signmeup

I think the business name should be bigger than the phone number. Making the number smaller would give you more room for the laundry list. The drop shadow makes it harder to read.

B Snyder

Why did you choose a bold display font for subcopy use?

Why is the red lettering casting a blue shadow on a grey background?

Why is so much of it uncentered?

zmatalucci

It's very "staples'ish"
Try throwing in a reverse panel
Here's a quickie

Attachments

• kenmar copy.jpg
    kenmar copy.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 111

Tiki

Font Sage
On your last one make Heating & Cooling a little bigger tighten up the gap between them also try downsizing sales and service
Try some panels to separate your copy

Attachments

• 1ccc.jpg
    1ccc.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 103