• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Card / Logo

natedawg9640

Here's my current Card and logo. This one is done on genuine carbon fiber (carbon basalt actually) for personal clients and i also have one with the same design but with a printed background for mailing with items, givaways, etc.

Attachments

• CARBON-BASALT-CARD.jpg
    CARBON-BASALT-CARD.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 131
  • CARBON-BASALT-CARD-CLOSE-UP.jpg
    CARBON-BASALT-CARD-CLOSE-UP.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 95

natedawg9640

Technically yes. I get it from one of my carbon fiber suppliers. Realistically, it's way too expensive for business cards. WAY. so I Make them myself and only for 'select' clients. but yes, they look pretty cool and people really seem to like them when they see them as there's a true weave so it's 3D, not a printed pattern.

cartar929

too bad they're so expensive, it seems like they would be very impressive in person. i'm sure that the texture brings a lot to it.

natedawg9640

well if i could find a decent way to print them, like a pad printer that could do it for me... it wouldn't be quite as bad... but just the card blank probably costs around $2-3each

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
2-3 bucks a pop does seem a little stiff, but if you are targeting the use, it looks like it has some potential to pay off... I'm not easily impressed, but I dig the idea and execution.

Most people spend so little on business cards, yet will gab with a potential client for a half an hour.... I look at that in terms of billable time, if I just invested 60 bucks on a pitch, i can afford to hand them a 1-2 buck business card, not some floppy 5 cent throw away.

natedawg9640

2-3 bucks a pop does seem a little stiff, but if you are targeting the use, it looks like it has some potential to pay off... I'm not easily impressed, but I dig the idea and execution.

Most people spend so little on business cards, yet will gab with a potential client for a half an hour.... I look at that in terms of billable time, if I just invested 60 bucks on a pitch, i can afford to hand them a 1-2 buck business card, not some floppy 5 cent throw away.

my thoughts exactly. that and depending on the clients you entertain, a card that is a bit out of the ordinary really makes an impact. Not to mention the fact that some people interpretation of "expensive" varies a lot by what mine is.

I mentioned 2-3 per card in reference to the unprinted blank material, cnc or waterjet cut blanks. that may be alow estimate, i have hand cut these all from scraps i had lying around... you must then add the cost of the printing or decal on top of it. I found a place in europe that sell genuine CF cards and asked them how much per card. they replied with $9 for single sided, and $12 for double sided... PER CARD. NO price break for 250, 500, 1k. Also a domestic company who charges just under that.

BUT, if i were slinging ferraris and lamborghinis, or possibly in the aerospace industry... i'd have these for my business cards.

If someone out there reading this does pad printing and wants to test some stuff, give me a shout.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I am constantly pinching cards off of bulletin boards and have amassed a huge collection. Most are crap or template cards. When discussing business cards with client, I fan out a pile of crap cards and stick in a few well designed ones, and or different cards to show them the difference. That usually sells them on design and other printing and material options.

I agree, if you are selling to Ferrari clients, you don't hand them a Yugo card.

Craig Sjoquist

Well for the cost of the cards and the impression it gives with the great work you do, thinks you need to put more thought into this, it is way to busy, meaning your business name(logo) only and MAYBE phone # website only the rest on the back

Not that I don't like the layout looks nice, a bit busy, but works assumes, carbon fiber wows them indeed.

But for higher end clients looking a image, less is more so if just your logo was on front that should work better.

iSign

dude...
my perception of you... the new guy... just went up 1000 percent!!
looking forward to more posts. Now i won't think "new guy" anymore :thumb:

iSign

nope... dead serious... I like the card.. might have thought you started in this business yesterday... now it's clear that's not the case!

natedawg9640

nope. quick biography puts me at drawing stuff for other people for candybars in 4th grade. gout out of high school and worked at a sign shop weeding vinyl and applying graphics for a year and half and decided to move home and get schooled on how to run the programs. got an associates in my home town and moved to where i'm currently employed. started working for folks on the side and made more than my regular salary doing it, so i figured i'd buy the printer and plotter i use at work and set up shop at home. not to mention i needed the write-off. i still hold my 40hr week at work... but someday i hope to not be dependant on it. now if i get laid off, i have a fallback, not to mention anything extra i pick up from my online clients.

realistically i've only been in teh business 5 years... 3 as the guy running the machines.

i've only been a business OWNER... for about a month... and it looks to be a complicated road ofwhich i have a lot to learn.

W

wetgravy

well if i could find a decent way to print them, like a pad printer that could do it for me... it wouldn't be quite as bad... but just the card blank probably costs around $2-3each

That isn't too bad for select distribution. If I went to more networking meet and greets I would carry something around that expensive to give to potential clients. Really wow them on the start.

That card is a hot bowl of awesome sauce btw.

Deaton Design

Yeah, its cool. Its something they wont throw away. I always shoot for cards that make the person want to hang on to them. They'll hang on to these.

GypsyGraphics

just look how impressed everyone is and we can't even touch it!
touch, texture and weight goes a long way in my book... i'd love to get my hands on that.

a business cards is bait... dangle a card that looks interesting and makes them want to touch it... and their hooked... ya just need to reel them in!

a wise investment for sure!

Idea Design

Pad printing to me seems like a really viable option. You're certainly not going to be ordering 1k or 2k at a time at 2-3 dollars a whack. I have a Printa Systems 990 Series hand operated pad press that doesn't get used very much, but we could break it out and print some of these if you want. With the pad that size, I think they'd need to be limited to one color, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Great idea.