• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business card shipping

Deaton Design

I just ordered an order of business cards for two customers, each 500 cards. Shipping on these two little boxes of cards was 27.00. Is this normal? Seems very high to me, heck, more than the cards!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Seems a bit excessive when you figure a rather large 24lb box of vinyl costs about $11. or $12. a box.

I'd call them, question it and if it is indeed correct, cancel the order and find someone or a company that really wants to do business.

Locals Find!

How did you have them shipped?? Overnight or some other similar option?

I pay less than $10.00 for a single set of 1000 business cards via UPS Ground delivered to a commercial address. $12.95 to residential addresses.

Now, if the company you used shipped each set separate and it was going to a residential address its entirely possible to have that much in freight charges.

Edit: BTW 4over includes shipping in sets of 1000 or more cards and charges only $3-4 shipping for lesser quantities.

Circleville Signs

Who are you ordering from? That seems super excessive to me, however our supplier (Gotprint), has a printing/fulfillment center about 70 miles from us...

Deaton Design

I used gotprint. Have for several years now. This was ordered UPS ground sent to me. BOth sets of cards on the same order. I have contacted them about it to see if something is wrong in the online ordering. They always do great work, and I like using them ,but thats just too high for shipping.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Been there, done that.

I have used gotprint for my b/c for seval years, and one of the first times that I ordered from them, I had an order for (4) different people in the same company, so it was a simple order for me. Same card layout, just change the names. I ordered them all at the same time, and the shipping came out to be something close to $44. I called them to question it, and they said that each order would be seperate, and they would most likely go out at diffent times (even though they were all placed on the same order).

When they came in, the (4) boxes were taped together, and (1) shipping label... I was highly "Tissed", and called them up. they went through the song and dance, and I think I got 1/2 the shipping charges refunded...but I thought that was really underhanded.

showcase 66

Have not had that high of shipping costs from GP. Usually around 8 bucks for a 4lb box of 1000 cards.

Also being in Kentucky, they should get there pretty quick and cheaper shipping. I would call and see if there was a mix up with the shipping calculation.

Now I have had 4 sets of cards where the only difference in them was the name and had 2 of them printed in California and the other 2 in Texas.

Just set an order for 2 sets of 500 business cards and shipping is $10.46 for ground and next day air before 3 was $19.21. Think something is wrong with your order, would check with quickly.

Deaton Design

I got an email from them that said their shipping is hooked into the UPS database. He said it looked like I was being charged extra for "remote area" and residential. My new shop is exactly five miles from my last address and on a main road. Not up on some trail. Im sorry, but I wont pay that much shipping for cards that cost only 17 bucks. Guess Ill shop for another vendor...

CanuckSigns

can you call them and have them ship all orders on YOUR UPS account from now on? we have a few suppliers who charge much more than shipping is worth, the solution was to give them our account number and have them send it that way.

royster13

To get the most accurate UPS quote, you need to input your street address....However, it appears your address is not in the UPS data base....

Deaton Design

Our 911 addresses down here are in disarray. County government doesnt know how to rectify it.
Two sets of 500 cards weighs four lbs. 4x9x4 in size. Gotprint says that UPS quotes them 18.00 for one box. It quotes me a little over 10 bucks to send it to them.

Locals Find!

They are either A. Lying (most likely scenario) or B. The software they are using is programmed to tack on charges once it pulls the number from the database. (Complicated but doable)

Tim Aucoin

Welcome to the growing world of "cheap", or "inexpensive" business cards!! Believe me, I know it. We have "lost" customers because they ask us to quote business cards, then proceed to tell us; "I can get them for half your price at Vista Print (or some other on-line source)". I tell them good luck and send them on their way. Next time, they are back at us ordering their cards and saying they ended up paying more when shipping was added!

Believe me when I say that these companies likely make more money in shipping than they do selling business cards! I know that for a fact because when I sell business cards on-line, the so-called "shipping rate" calculated is significantly more than what I actually pay to ship! You've been warned! :rolleyes:

2B

You are correct that S/H is WAY TOO HIGH!
we just got 3 sets of 1000 cards it and it was right @ $11

Deaton Design

It seems I am being charged double the shipping, when I know they will be shipped together. They always do. My shop is right off the main highway here, as you can see in the old pic. Google has my address in their database, no reason UPS cant.

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 63