• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business card shipping

qmr55

We pay $4 shipping on 500 cards and anything above 1000 is free shipping, from 4over that is.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey John.... looks like from that photo all of your stuff has to be dropped shipped. No wonder it costs so much. That's a heck of a drop zone. Do they aim for the red flag marked 'A'. Maybe they think they're shipping to Addie and that's the reason for the horrendous costs. :Oops:

jfiscus

Rap Master
:thread
I would try finding a quality LOCAL printer in your area. It may take a few tries to land a good resource but once you find one they can be a life-saver. I would recommend mine, but you're a bit further away in KY than I am to them (but they would still ship em to you for cheap).

A local printer routinely gets requests from their existing customer base for projects outside of their capabilities; ie: signs & banners, oversized prints, etc. If you find a reputable local quality printer & form a relationship with them you will also start seeing work coming in from them.

We work with a couple of local printers in our area providing wholesale printing to their customers (under their name) or receive/send referrals both ways depending on the customer & project. It is a win-win situation & if there is ever a problem with their products you can drive over or call & complain (with a LIVE LOCAL person) and have the problem fixed. using an online business card wholesaler; you get what you get...

signage

:thread
I would try finding a quality LOCAL printer in your area. It may take a few tries to land a good resource but once you find one they can be a life-saver. I would recommend mine, but you're a bit further away in KY than I am to them (but they would still ship em to you for cheap).

A local printer routinely gets requests from their existing customer base for projects outside of their capabilities; ie: signs & banners, oversized prints, etc. If you find a reputable local quality printer & form a relationship with them you will also start seeing work coming in from them.

We work with a couple of local printers in our area providing wholesale printing to their customers (under their name) or receive/send referrals both ways depending on the customer & project. It is a win-win situation & if there is ever a problem with their products you can drive over or call & complain (with a LIVE LOCAL person) and have the problem fixed. using an online business card wholesaler; you get what you get...

Great points and good advice!:thumb:

Deaton Design

I wanted to add this, as I have been in contact with a rep from gotprint today. This is what I received this evening as the reason for the higher shipping.

1- The customer is ordering different types of order (one if 4/4, the other is 4/0), so he does not get the discount on same item type shipping. (The Shipping will go down significantly if he makes both 4/4).
2- He is getting charged Extended Area Surcharge (because his zip code is in UPS extended Area Surcharge).
You can go to UPS and see all the zips that are in this extended area surcharge.
I hate to leave these guys over this, because they do great work, never had a problem, but if shipping from another vendor is much cheaper with the same quality product, I may have to.