• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Cards from GotPrint

Farmboy

We've been getting cards from GotPrint for awhile and have been very happy with their service. I know there's others on here using them and just had a design question. Are the colors on your cards vibrant? We do the designs in Corel and save them in the correct format that they ask on the site. They just don't always seem to come out as bright as we'd like them. I know this is kinda vague, guess I'm asking if someone might be able to steer me in a direction as to get better results. I've contacted their quality control people and they wanted 10 to 15 examples of jobs to compare, but I'm not sure what they're going to compare them to. Thanks in advance.

HulkSmash

Have you tried 4over. Their stuff is amazing. You can get a nice sample package from them as well if you sign up as a reseller.

RebeckaR

I usually send from Photoshop because the color in Corel ( I'm using X3 ) is totally not reliable.

I use GotPrint and their stuff has always been right on - even on a recent order that had hot pink elements.

Farmboy

Colorado...I tried them once years ago, I'm sure it's better now. At the time It seemed clunky and a pain to navigate.

sghobbies and RebeckaR...Next batch out I'll give that a try.

royster13

Most trade printers can take Corel files but for the most part they work in an Illustrator work flow....In the terms of some trade printers you will see cautions about submitting Corel files and the sometimes unreliable results....

Salmoneye

What colors are you having the most trouble with? You have do use a rich black formula and some blues are a bitch in cmyk.

copythat

Gang up

When you have a work flow system like some of these ( Y ) wipes sorry I have a thing about those types of vendors. Anyway, they run in the area of 144 business cards on a sheet. They are not going to care about one in particular business card to be vibrant or color corrected. It's an intense and efficient. That's how they can sell for soo CHEAP! If you want yours to stand out have a premium manufacturer provide you the service you want.

Besides, Customer service is top notch when your placing the orders. Like Hello my name is Candie what credit card are you using today. See what happens when the bomb drops. Candie is no longer that charming individual.

Well enough of venting.

Archive 4over and out

Deaton Design

Ive never had any problems with gotprint in all the years Ive been using them. I always use their template, and save the file out of photoshop as a tif file.

TheSnowman

I'm like most here, been using gotprint for a long time, never had an issue with anything...business cards or postcards.

I have found that I get the best colors if I send them a jpeg file instead of a ps file. Not sure why but the colors come back vibrant and exactly what I want them to look like.

Salmoneye

This could be a really useful conversation. I use GP and have been very satisfied with them. That being said, designing like they ask you to and submitting in CMYK does not always produce acceptable results. Most of us use RGB and when you want a sign to match a customers printing it can be hard sometimes with the reduced gamut. Paint a sign using reflex blue and then try to have it printed using process instead of spot color offset and see how frustrated you are (this is assuming that you are even remotely picky). 100k does not produce a nice black, there are a few tricks to getting nice blues and reds... I hope that someone who has a much better understanding of color management than I do and uses process batch printing services will add to this post.

ucmj22

I think the problem is you might be expecting rgb screen colors from a cmyk offset press. GP uses an offset press for business cards which gives a higher print resolution than our digital printers, but sacrifices in color gamut. Your best choice here would be to invest in a PMS color bridge swatchbook, and design using those colors. This will give you the most accurate results.