• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

business forsale

iSign

DJ Dave, does your employer know how you feel about his worthlessness in the grand scheme? ...and to think you told us you were making your very first sign ever last September.. and here you are, ready to conquer the world...

so, is Audio Dynamics Entertainment not quite paying all the bills for ya, or is it just all this easy money over here in the sign business that's making you jealous of your boss?

dmeehan31

All that really matters is how much will it cost up front and how long will it take you to recoup the investment. If you are good with the payback period go for it.

If you think you can do a better job advertising and developing the business to shorten the payback then good for you. I

f you can buy better equipment and still keep a good amount of the customers by going out on your own then that may be a better option.

No one can really give you great advise because we don't have all of the info. Good luck.

thank you

i do think i could do a better job of marketing and/or networking for this business and at the same time also give a couple more people a job that currently do not have 1.

dmeehan31

DJ Dave, does your employer know how you feel about his worthlessness in the grand scheme? ...and to think you told us you were making your very first sign ever last September.. and here you are, ready to conquer the world...

so, is Audio Dynamics Entertainment not quite paying all the bills for ya, or is it just all this easy money over here in the sign business that's making you jealous of your boss?

wow you missed the boat...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
wow you missed the boat...

No he didn't. You need a big boat to get to where he is. :rolleyes:

DJD....

You might as well just go do what you want, because you're not going to get a straight answer here...... and even if you did get a good answer.... you won't know it if it smacked you in the face.

There's something to be said about someone coming here and being honest about themselves vs. trying to BS us into thinking you're something you probably aren't.

How can I make such a bold and rude assumption, you say?? :omg:
Easy, based on your questions, observations and dumb comebacks, you obviously don't know buisiness. You might have a pyramid scheme going and a radio store, but that doesn't explain why you're moonlighting at a sign shop where you believe the boss is a jerk and you're considering buying it because you think this is easy money.

:flamey:

dmeehan31

How can I make such a bold and rude assumption, you say?? :omg:
Easy, based on your questions, observations and dumb comebacks, you obviously don't know buisiness. You might have a pyramid scheme going and a radio store, but that doesn't explain why you're moonlighting at a sign shop where you believe the boss is a jerk and you're considering buying it because you think this is easy money.
[/QUOTE]​
i never said the owner was a jerk... not sure where that has come from. i like the fact you say pyramid scheme thats funny. but anyway i like doing the signs i think it is fun. i know im not as skilled or advanced as all of you. for what comes into this shop i can do fine. i have not had any come backs to anyone on here, i simply asked a simple question and it turns into my boss is a jerk i am stealing from him and everything else. if someone can learn to do the simple stuff i have learned to do in 9 short months and feed themselves and maybe contribute to a family i would love to help them do that.

i dont know why things get twisted as bad as they do.

i dont mean to insult anyone here by saying its easy work but i am not doing complex art or signs so if you were doign what i was doing im sure you would also consider it easy...

so stop trying to find things i say and turn them negative and if you are negative about what you do or to defensive maybe you should look into a pyramid scheme as well

:banghead:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, when someone tells me he's doing something like Cor-X signs and screen printing shirts..... for the most part, that shouldn't take 9 months to learn. Most people learn it in about a week and get good at it over the next bunch of years.

When someone indicates their boss has no concern for his own business and you do more than he does..... that makes me laugh. Hell, you said yourself your OWN pyramid business needs you like 0 minutes a week. So you know the feeling of not being needed.

If a person is telling me what the boss wants for his business and you have to laugh and tell me what it's really worth... I have to laugh a little more.

While I'm sure you meant no harm, you are demeaning this industry with your words and attitude. That is not well taken in a community that has been doing this for decades and finds your approach as a quick-scheme for making extra money very appreciative. We are doing it for a living.... not an extra buck.

You wanna tell the whole story and not the what you figured would get you brownie points, then we don't have to read anything into what you say and things won't get twisted.

Like I said, get your own stuff and open up next door. I wasn't being funny or cryptic. Do it now, while you still know everything.

So, what is your definition of a networking group...... MLM...... pyramid...... they're all the same with different titles. :help

Pat Whatley

One thing I notice almost every time an employee mentions the "go out on my own" or "buy out my boss" debate and that is that they almost always feel like they are doing all of the work or that the boss is never there.

Isn't that the point of OWNING the business? Why would anyone want to be "the boss" and have to do all the work and be there all the time? Forget that....building a "cash machine" of a business so it makes money while you're out goofing off should be everyone's goal.

Locals Find!

I was just re-reading the post here. From what I am reading. Your telling everyone you can make an extra $2000.00 a month from this business. I am assuming your talking about take home here.

Now using that figure $2000 x 12 (months) = $24,000.

You said the shop has about $6,000 in equipment & material.

So If I add up the $24,000 (see above) and the $6,000.
24,000 + 6,000 = $30,000.

Now I am no Genius but, isn't this the figure you told us your "Boss" wanted for the business?? Seems like a decent investment if you can recoup your intial investment within 1 year.

So where did you get the idea the business isn't worth what he is asking? I really would like to know what formula you used to evaluate the business.

dmeehan31

So, what is your definition of a networking group...... MLM...... pyramid...... they're all the same with different titles. :help
it is a group of local business owners that formed an organization and do business with each other inside the circle. kind of like BNI

and i never once said i know everything i am always trying to learn new equipment, programs, and ways to make things.

the owner has taught me some stuff but he doesnt do the art he doesnt or even know how to cut on the plotter. he is good with sticking vinyl and taught me that lol.

i just see an this as a chance to fill up my week a little more and benifit a little better than just education. i have tons of questions on programs and other things and when i have asked i have gotten great help off here.

i know i dont know everything and like you said it doesnt take 9 months to learn t shirts and coro but that is the extent of this shop so what else can i do to grow if we dont offer other services.

the owner has other businesses as well which i am an independent contractor at another of his businesses so we both have many streams of income coming in

maybe someone else would see a 20k value here but being involved with it and doing pricing and ordering and writing checks out of here i dont see the value as that high when like i said earlier between equipment and supplies i could purchase equal to for 6 grand.

i didnt feel the need to do his life story nor mine when i asked the question i thought it would be black or white didnt realize all this gray area would show

Fitch

I have some issues with the whole scenario:

"I dont collect a paycheck here, what fool would spend 9 months Mon - Fri working somewhere for free? i wanted to get an insight of the business it has always interested me always - like since you were in school - or just 9 months. i read books on sign making and design i do not take 1 cent out of this place.FOOL i came here to see if this is something i wanted to invest in and i see where money can be made. 9 months is far too long to assess a business - any reasonable business minded person should be able to do in a week we have no loans for this business and there is no bashing going on about him.

sometimes i wonder if you people really read all the way through a post before posting a negative post back... im not a normal person that is obvious here I DONT NEED THE MONEY... ill take it but i dont need it.

What we have here is ( IF I read correctly ) someone who spent 9 months not taking a cent - to "learn" how to make easy stuff and where money can be made.

After 9 months any person worth their salt who is "obviously" successful with 2 other businesses and in no NEED of money would be able to sit down and almost to the cent say "this business is worth $5,642.30 not a cent more."

You have no perceived value of your time to date - or you are a slow learner - taking 9 months to learn easy signs is degrading. Probably could have learnt the same things on YouTube in a day or two.

Seems you will continue the other businesses. I personally hate part timers in the sign game.

WHY ? Because the vast majority do not price full time - they only price part time and undercut those trying to make a living.

If signs are what you want to do - close down the other two businesses, pay the guy the $20 grand and put your balls on the line for once.

And as for "only having it for a year or 2 to bring it up to your standard" That sucks. It is this approach that has deminished the sign trade, and the artistic output and converted to the transient "business" rather than signshop arena that it has sadly become.

But then as you say ... I "may not know everything"

ova

Isn't that the point of OWNING the business? Why would anyone want to be "the boss" and have to do all the work and be there all the time? Forget that....building a "cash machine" of a business so it makes money while you're out goofing off should be everyone's goal.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the above statement. Wait........

where' did everyone go?.........

What time is it?

Being the "boss" is what it's all about.

Dave

dmeehan31

So where did you get the idea the business isn't worth what he is asking? I really would like to know what formula you used to evaluate the business.

the break down makes sense and i think it would be relevent in my situation if i actually took a pay check out.

i know what i can buy the equipment for and get started for is a lot less than that.

hell 2 months after i started here he offered it to me for 5 grand which i shoulda done but i did not feel comfortable then to make this little shop run but after doing everything on my own from bill payments to ordering supplies and everything i feel comfortable enough to do it.

i could see if someone asked hey where is the best place to get shirts done at and they say my spot that would be a different story

its one thing for someone to buy it for 30k who is on the outside looking in but knowing you dont have that in it and it would take some work to get it to where i know it could be is a horse of a different color

Fitch

"hell 2 months after i started here he offered it to me for 5 grand which i shoulda done but i did not feel comfortable then to make this little shop run but after doing everything on my own"

So now the boss has put a perceived value of your knowledge at $15 grand - assuming nothing has changed equipment wise in the last 7 months.

If I was you I would stick around for another 9 months. The "boss" obviously has a brain.

Last edited:

John L

I was just re-reading the post here. From what I am reading. Your telling everyone you can make an extra $2000.00 a month from this business. I am assuming your talking about take home here.

Now using that figure $2000 x 12 (months) = $24,000.

You said the shop has about $6,000 in equipment & material.

So If I add up the $24,000 (see above) and the $6,000.
24,000 + 6,000 = $30,000.

Now I am no Genius but, isn't this the figure you told us your "Boss" wanted for the business?? Seems like a decent investment if you can recoup your intial investment within 1 year.

Who are you and what have you done with Adtechia? ...I agree.

iSign

adtechia 2.0 seems to have been upgraded with a far better program.

ROFLMAO.gif
ROFLMAO.gif
ROFLMAO.gif

TheSellOut

This is the reason I don't want to go the route of having employees! Someone works for you for 9 months and all of a sudden it's "this is easy money" and they could do a better job than you...

Adholio...you are really coming back strong!