• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Naming

What business name would you choose?

• xxxxxART.biz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • xxxxxSIGN.com

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Other, please comment.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JKADesigns

I would like to rename my business. I have found a couple of domain names that I like, but the two options are that they end in www.xxxART.biz and www.xxxSIGN.com. The first words in both are the same. I know I am posting in open forum and don't want the name ideas stolen.

We are doing yard signs, business signage, temporary signage, wall art, banners, promotional products, reselling and hopefully custom making apparel, and we are also dabbling in reselling jewelry and computer products. We hope to take it all to home and craft shows in this area until we get enough business that we don't need to do that anymore. We're currently equipped with a cutter and the complete setup to go with that.

My wife says "xxx ART.biz" would be more encompassing. I say that it would be nice to have the xxx Sign.com.

What do you guys think? Have any other words that would better describe what I do?

Thanks.

Locals Find!

Domains are cheap buy both. Also, DBAs are cheap buy both. You have two different product lines that need two different identities. Setup your parent company XXX to own both. Simple.

JoshLoring

Buy both.
I own many domains. I even hold a domain and federal trademark to the best possible branding company name in the book that I'm stowing away for the right time.

JKADesigns

Domains are cheap buy both. Also, DBAs are cheap buy both. You have two different product lines that need two different identities. Setup your parent company XXX to own both. Simple.

I am thinking something like this... yard signs, business signage, temporary signage, and banners under xxxSIGN.com

and wall art, crafts, custom apparel, and jewelry under xxxART.com

Something like that.

Thank you for the suggestion, what do you think of the separation of product lines?

Would it make any sense to have the xxxSIGN point to the xxxART page until I drum up enough business/samples/etc to put xxxSIGN on it's own page?

Thanks!!!!

Locals Find!

I am thinking something like this... yard signs, business signage, temporary signage, and banners under xxxSIGN.com

and wall art, crafts, custom apparel, and jewelry under xxxART.com

Something like that.

Thank you for the suggestion, what do you think of the separation of product lines?

Would it make any sense to have the xxxSIGN point to the xxxART page until I drum up enough business/samples/etc to put xxxSIGN on it's own page?

Thanks!!!!

Make two websites. Hosting is also cheap you can put both domains on a single host $6.00 a month or less is average. You really need to separate the brands entirely. I would link them back and forth to each other for SEO purposes but, two distinct brands with two different logos etc....

JKADesigns

Make two websites. Hosting is also cheap you can put both domains on a single host $6.00 a month or less is average. You really need to separate the brands entirely. I would link them back and forth to each other for SEO purposes but, two distinct brands with two different logos etc....

who would you recommend for a hosting service? Looking at GoDaddy.com... I used to have a host that I really liked with another website I had years ago but I can't remember who they are.

Thanks!

Locals Find!

who would you recommend for a hosting service? Looking at GoDaddy.com... I used to have a host that I really liked with another website I had years ago but I can't remember who they are.

Thanks!

I use domainspricedright.com which is a GoDaddy subsidiary. I use them as my registar and for my hosting and a couple of other products I purchased from them like my cloud drive for backup purposes. I like the FTP system they have in place they also had lots of freebies. They offered hosting in two flavors Windows & Linux based.

I like them because, I have one control panel to monitor everything I have going. I am kinda lazy like that. I also like only having one customer service number to call for all my issues instead of different ones.

MatthewTimothy

Thanks!

That question can only be best answered by what you are going to be hosting. Godaddy has a fairly decent admin panel but it sucks when trying to upload a heavy end php site, and yes that's even with going with their Linux option. Go daddy does offer the best for a .net driven site in my opinion, but if you are running a cms site go daddy has simple installation aids, too. Are you just running a simple site with simple HTML, CSS and maybe a little JavaScript? My hosting provider uses CPanel and I love it. But these days hosting is fairly cheap, but don't look to get any hosting that can't guarantee a 99% up time.

JKADesigns

Two domains are going to be showcases. Hoping to put a "instant wall art creator" on one or both of those. The third domain I hope it'll be an e-commerce store for the wholesale side of my business. Right now I am leaning really hard towards hostgator.com. I don't have much web design experience, plan to put some html together in frontpage and stick it up for now, if business and profits allow in a month or 2 I will pay a decent designer to put together a page for me.

What are your thoughts on this? Thanks.

MatthewTimothy

Hit me up when you are ready, I'm hoping by the next month or two to be fully done with some eCommerce sites I am working on. I will post them in the portfolio section for everyone's viewing pleasure.

JKADesigns

Hit me up when you are ready, I'm hoping by the next month or two to be fully done with some eCommerce sites I am working on. I will post them in the portfolio section for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Who would you recommend for an all around hosting solution? Have any opinions about HostGator?

Thanks

Locals Find!

If your going to solicit work like that, you should become a merchant member.

Locals Find!

Two domains are going to be showcases. Hoping to put a "instant wall art creator" on one or both of those. The third domain I hope it'll be an e-commerce store for the wholesale side of my business. Right now I am leaning really hard towards hostgator.com. I don't have much web design experience, plan to put some html together in frontpage and stick it up for now, if business and profits allow in a month or 2 I will pay a decent designer to put together a page for me.

What are your thoughts on this? Thanks.

Amazingly you can do a lot with Frontpage and if you get Microsoft Internet Essentials. Front pages offspring you can do even more. I use Frontpage for a lot of my stuff. However, I don't use the little extras that require frontpage extensions. I use it mainly for an easy way to code HTML cause I have been using it for 15 years and know it in and out.

You wanna avoid frontpage extensions as you get limited on hosting and many host providers are dropping support for them. Plus they make your site look like its from the late 90s.

MatthewTimothy

If your going to solicit work like that, you should become a merchant member.

im not soliciting work right now, Ive been in talks with the right people here and I will be getting a merchant account soon.

EDIT:
WAIT A MINUTE...............

Where do you get off ady trying to think you are going to call me out on what I post???
1. the OP has clearly said he is talking sites down the road and it would also already seem that he is just looking for a domain and hosting solution at the moment.
2. I clearly acknowledged that I would have some samples in the next month or two so there is no reason to even look into a Merchant Account till I am ready. Besides why am I justifying myself to ady?? :help
3. Dont think you can start that BS on me on what I post, I've kept my mouth shut about the stupid crap you post on here and that I've seen around the forum so dont start your two cents about what I should do on this forum so back up.

OP, sorry for that, but if you have any questions feel free to PM me or post on here, I would be happy to help.

Last edited:

SD&F

I agree that you should grab the names available. Possibly one for retail business and one for wholesale. If not, like suggested above.. different products. Just an idea.