• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Naming

What business name would you choose?

• xxxxxART.biz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • xxxxxSIGN.com

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Other, please comment.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Locals Find!

im not soliciting work right now, Ive been in talks with the right people here and I will be getting a merchant account soon.

EDIT:
WAIT A MINUTE...............

Where do you get off ady trying to think you are going to call me out on what I post???
1. the OP has clearly said he is talking sites down the road and it would also already seem that he is just looking for a domain and hosting solution at the moment.
2. I clearly acknowledged that I would have some samples in the next month or two so there is no reason to even look into a Merchant Account till I am ready. Besides why am I justifying myself to ady?? :help
3. Dont think you can start that BS on me on what I post, I've kept my mouth shut about the stupid crap you post on here and that I've seen around the forum so dont start your two cents about what I should do on this forum so back up.

OP, sorry for that, but if you have any questions feel free to PM me or post on here, I would be happy to help.

The reason you defended yourself is because you know you were clearly soliciting work. I didn't do anything wrong you did. Now, I don't care if you justify it to me or any other member on here. This is Fred's site and he has admins for that stuff. However, when someone does what you clearly did I am going to call them out.

You may not always agree with my POV but, I follow the rules and respect the Merchant Members who have paid for the privilege of soliciting work. Had you not gone and tried to turn this into a **** on Addie post I would have welcomed you becoming a Merchant Member and probably supported you.

However, your not the only web guy on here that isn't a member yet. So be careful of the toes you step on. You never know when they may be the ones on your throat next.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We use Hostgator. They are pretty good. Godaddy for the names. I hear namecheap is good too.

I agree with Addy on just about everything. Get them both. Google for a promo code for godaddy and it should save you a few bucks.

You might also checkout squarespace.com.

As far as which name I would focus on, I would stick with xxxsign.com. People won't google "Art" as often as "Sign" to find you overall. Also, IMHO .com's are still king. .biz just seem unprofessional to me. Good luck!

P.S. It was nice meeting you on Saturday! Stop in anytime.

-Gene

Last edited:

MatthewTimothy

The reason you defended yourself is because you know you were clearly soliciting work. I didn't do anything wrong you did. Now, I don't care if you justify it to me or any other member on here. This is Fred's site and he has admins for that stuff. However, when someone does what you clearly did I am going to call them out.

You may not always agree with my POV but, I follow the rules and respect the Merchant Members who have paid for the privilege of soliciting work. Had you not gone and tried to turn this into a **** on Addie post I would have welcomed you becoming a Merchant Member and probably supported you.

However, your not the only web guy on here that isn't a member yet. So be careful of the toes you step on. You never know when they may be the ones on your throat next.

Dude you really have some nerve to talk... But its cool.... AND I know there are more than plenty of people on here that do web as well.

also further more you should read what OP has stated which is the whole meaning behind my comment:

Two domains are going to be showcases. Hoping to put a "instant wall art creator" on one or both of those. The third domain I hope it'll be an e-commerce store for the wholesale side of my business. Right now I am leaning really hard towards hostgator.com. I don't have much web design experience, plan to put some html together in frontpage and stick it up for now, if business and profits allow in a month or 2 I will pay a decent designer to put together a page for me.

What are your thoughts on this? Thanks.

which was the reason for this:

Hit me up when you are ready, I'm hoping by the next month or two to be fully done with some eCommerce sites I am working on. I will post them in the portfolio section for everyone's viewing pleasure.