• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

buy it before its gone?

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I am new to using adobe ( a friend is letting me use his when needed) and have just found out that they won't be selling hard copys any more. I definatly don't use it enough to pay a monthly fee.
I think that I can still get cs5 or 6 but I don't know witch version I would need. I don't think that I need to spend $2500 on full blown version.
I was thinking that the $600 Photo shop version might be good enough

Any suggestions?

qmr55

Only you can answer your question, unless you give us more details. What do you do? What do you plan on doing in the future?

phototec

I am new to using adobe ( a friend is letting me use his when needed) and have just found out that they won't be selling hard copys any more. I definatly don't use it enough to pay a monthly fee.
I think that I can still get cs5 or 6 but I don't know witch version I would need. I don't think that I need to spend $2500 on full blown version.
I was thinking that the $600 Photo shop version might be good enough

Any suggestions?

Yes, I would buy it now before it's GONE, I am talking about the CS5 suite on ebay for $349.00!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adobe-Creative-Suite-5-Design-Premium-Collection-Retail-Full-Version-W-Licenses-/370886335784?pt=US_Image_Video_Audio_Software&hash=item565a8c5d28#ht_1300wt_1367

I don't like the CLOUD version or the idea, I just stick with the boxed version and go as long as I can. If enough old school folks like me resist the Adobe scheme, they might re-think this approach and go back to the boxed version, I hear their cloud sales figures are NOT what they expected.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Back in May (2013), after a small snag with the CC trial, I scrapped the idea of the cloud and asked them for a perpetual CS6 upgrade for my Illustrator CS5. I ordered it as a download directly from Adobe. Here's the kicker: YOU HAVE TO ASK THEM FOR IT ON THE TELEPHONE. They don't advertise it on their web page. Somehow, they must be obligated to sell it to you if you ask. Go figure... JB

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I dislike the creative cloud ... in the past month it's forgotten the information for the account about 5 times so I get about 10 minutes of down time in one of the shops I do graphics inhouse at, every time it does this. It's enough to make you punch the monitor across the room. I will stick with my cs5 every day of the week.

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
Only you can answer your question, unless you give us more details. What do you do? What do you plan on doing in the future?

I do trucks, boats, banners and small signs, usually not larger than 4x8's. I have been having fun with the CS2 so I think it would be worth while to get it.
Here is my other question, what it the difference between Photo Shop and Illistrator ? They are both close in price so I want to get the right thing.
Thanks for all your advice!

ChicagoGraphics

You just paid someone $350 bucks for a copy they probably downloaded for FREE from the torrents!

If it looks or sounds to good to be true, it probably is........

JgS

If you are truly not using the adobe suite enough to buy it. How about trying some of the free programs out there such as Gimp instead of Photoshop and inkscape instead of illustrator. Might be enough to get the occasional small job done.

phototec

You just paid someone $350 bucks for a copy they probably downloaded for FREE from the torrents!

If it looks or sounds to good to be true, it probably is........

I guess you didn't even bother to check out the link I provided.

It was a legit USED copy, from a seller with a 99.8 % rating and over 6,300 ebay transactions.

It came with the ori. box, DVD's, and serial number, showed photos of everything, but don't worry you pretty little head about it, because someone else already scooped it up!

Oh, and it included FREE shipping, someone got a GOOD DEAL!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adobe-Creative-Suite-5-Design-Premium-Collection-Retail-Full-Version-W-Licenses-/370886335784?pt=US_Image_Video_Audio_Software&hash=item565a8c5d28&nma=true&si=UMRLrQTLL3%252BoreeiM8BnSPr0ab4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_1300wt_1399

Attachments

• Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Collection Retail Full Version W Licenses.jpg
    Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Collection Retail Full Version W Licenses.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 127

SignBurst PCs

If anyone needs a LEGIT CS6 license, let me know. I can still sell them.

They (Adobe) are pushing CC but, at least for now, we can still get CS6.

OldPaint

i have used COREL PHOTOPAINT since i started this business 1993.............played with adobe.........never liked it or saw the advantage of having it.
back 6 months or so ADOBE had a web site where you could download LEGAL COPIES with serial#'s from their web site. CS2, FULL ADOBE READER, and couple other older adobe programs.........FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxtoni

I guess you didn't even bother to check out the link I provided.

It was a legit USED copy, from a seller with a 99.8 % rating and over 6,300 ebay transactions.

It came with the ori. box, DVD's, and serial number, showed photos of everything, but don't worry you pretty little head about it, because someone else already scooped it up!

Oh, and it included FREE shipping, someone got a GOOD DEAL!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adobe-Creative-Suite-5-Design-Premium-Collection-Retail-Full-Version-W-Licenses-/370886335784?pt=US_Image_Video_Audio_Software&hash=item565a8c5d28&nma=true&si=UMRLrQTLL3%252BoreeiM8BnSPr0ab4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_1300wt_1399

The seller may mean well but you can't sell used Adobe software. It's part of their license. Even if you buy it you don't have any rights to it and if the previous user contacts Adobe he can basically say someone else activate his software and they can cut you off. You can't transfer the license to someone else.

visual800

The seller may mean well but you can't sell used Adobe software. It's part of their license. Even if you buy it you don't have any rights to it and if the previous user contacts Adobe he can basically say someone else activate his software and they can cut you off. You can't transfer the license to someone else.

BS! You can do whatever you want whenever you want and buy whatever you want. Yes it is true "they" don't like it and say it's illegal just cause theya re missing out on a possible sell. I will and will again buy and resale software on ebay, no matter how many times its snatched off. I get sick and damn tired of being told what I can and cannot do. if I buy something I own it, it's mine and I will damn well do whatever I want with it.

Do not let anyone or any entity tell you or bully you

WildWestDesigns

BS! You can do whatever you want whenever you want and buy whatever you want.

Again, Vernor v Autodesk (2010) will say otherwise. In that instance, Vernor was buying off ebay to resell. He didn't even load it on to his computer (AutoCAD), however, it was determined that due to the license that the original buyers had, they didn't have the ability to sell their copy to Vernor, thus he didn't have the ability to re sell it.

Buy extension, you buy from ebay from someone that doesn't have the ability to legally sell the software, you don't really own it, thus no rights associated with ownership.

This is the same protection that we all use. We do, with our designs, our proofs, for those that make fonts, they do with their fonts. I do with my stock embroidery designs that I sell or the embroidery fonts that I digitize for a specific program.

if I buy something I own it, it's mine and I will damn well do whatever I want with it.

You have to read the contract. Rather you do or do not, you use the software, you are bound to the contract. Especially considering that very court ruling listed above and to my knowledge that is the latest law on this particular subject. Unless the contract is deemed non binding in your jurisdiction. In that particular court ruling, it was stated that the owners can pretty much write what ever type of EULA that they wanted it it would be considered binding. Vernor tried to get it re-heard, he was denied by the district court that ruled in AutoDesk's favor and denied by the Supreme Court. Unless there is another decision to change that, that is still good law. Rather you like it or not.

Don't confuse what you may or may not be able to get away with, with what is legal or not.

xxtoni

BS! You can do whatever you want whenever you want and buy whatever you want. Yes it is true "they" don't like it and say it's illegal just cause theya re missing out on a possible sell. I will and will again buy and resale software on ebay, no matter how many times its snatched off. I get sick and damn tired of being told what I can and cannot do. if I buy something I own it, it's mine and I will damn well do whatever I want with it.

Basically what WWD said below. You have no legal right to the software which is probably the main reason most people buy their software instead of just getting it off a torrent.

Again, Vernor v Autodesk (2010) will say otherwise. In that instance, Vernor was buying off ebay to resell. He didn't even load it on to his computer (AutoCAD), however, it was determined that due to the license that the original buyers had, they didn't have the ability to sell their copy to Vernor, thus he didn't have the ability to re sell it.

Buy extension, you buy from ebay from someone that doesn't have the ability to legally sell the software, you don't really own it, thus no rights associated with ownership.

This is the same protection that we all use. We do, with our designs, our proofs, for those that make fonts, they do with their fonts. I do with my stock embroidery designs that I sell or the embroidery fonts that I digitize for a specific program.

You have to read the contract. Rather you do or do not, you use the software, you are bound to the contract. Especially considering that very court ruling listed above and to my knowledge that is the latest law on this particular subject. Unless the contract is deemed non binding in your jurisdiction. In that particular court ruling, it was stated that the owners can pretty much write what ever type of EULA that they wanted it it would be considered binding. Vernor tried to get it re-heard, he was denied by the district court that ruled in AutoDesk's favor and denied by the Supreme Court. Unless there is another decision to change that, that is still good law. Rather you like it or not.

Don't confuse what you may or may not be able to get away with, with what is legal or not.

I agree completely.

If you don't legally own the software what's the point in buying it ?