• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying A "real" Cutter

LightHouse

I use a graphtec FC7000-75 30" cutter and it can't pull a full log of vinyl without getting an error and if you are cutting something longer than a couple feet it will go off track. Its a nightmare...

i owudlnt be quick to put something down, ovbiously your techniques are of. i can cut 30 feet without going off track with the exact same plotter. you might want to try the pre feed option or manually rolling out the vinyl you will use for a job and let it drape over the rollers. if you need mroe help with some tips PM me.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I use a graphtec FC7000-75 30" cutter and it can't pull a full log of vinyl without getting an error and if you are cutting something longer than a couple feet it will go off track. Its a nightmare...

You might want to familiarize yourself with the plotter's various pre-feed settings available to you. As well as check the down force settings of the pressure rollers.

Pre-feed isn't just an obscure nicety, it's necessary for accurate operation.

I have exactly the same plotter, properly set up, and the only problem I've ever experienced is pen up media movement being too fast so that a wave is created in the media which then exposes the rear sensor. Easily fixed by setting the pen up speed to be the same as the pen down speed. Or taping a piece of card stock to exert a bit of pressure on the media right over the sensor. I prefer the first solution, I have the time.

Ray thomas

Had my CE 1000-60 going on 9 years. Never once had problems except ruined a teflon strip 8 years ago which was my own fault... and 2 years ago the front sensor needed replacing. 24" was good enough for my shop untill I got my 63" printer, but I got a 63" cutter then anyway.

I still use the Graphtec almost every day. Hardly ever even change blades... just keeps spitting out perfect cuts year after year...

not sure what more durability would be for... maybe for careless employees dropping things on it?

Mine runs like a champ, so I'd expect you'll be real happy with yours too.
Am running sign wizard 4.1 Pro with a Graphtec CE 1000-60. Recently have tried to run through the serial port ( having always used the parallel port).Purchaced made to order sockets for both ends and five metre ethernet cable. I am having lot of trouble with intermitent signal stuffing my jobs, kind of dead in the water appreciate any advice or suggestions.