• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying A "real" Cutter

I am planning on buying a new cutter tonight or tomorrow from Ordway. I am planning on getting the graphtec ce5000 24" cutter. I hope this will be heaps better than the P.O.S that I have been having issues with anythoughts?

Pro Image

You'll be happy with the Graphtec............I have a CE1000-60 that is going on 10 years old.......Never had a problem with it......

S

SignTech

Great cutter ....... friend has one ... may I ask why 24" vs 30" ? we almost bought a 24 3 years ago ....... we have needed the 30" well really 28.5" width many more times than not. Just curious :)

Ken

What's the sale price on the CE 5000 ( 24 inch)? Very likely my next machine.
Cheers!
Ken

Dave Drane

Built like a truck, you won't go wrong. I'm on my second one and that is only because my first one was stolen, so someone else had good taste.

LightHouse

i was just in the same situation so i got a fc7000-75 which is 30". if you plan on moving up just crunch and gte the 30, call them they will probably give you a good deal on that too

onesource

I have an old ce2000-60 24" graphtec it runs great!. My only quirk with the machine is getting a long run out of it, 12-16' is the best it will do. Under most circumstances that is plenty. I however do large scale jobs regular so I bought an older Ioline smart track is85 (stepper motors) and it can cut all 150' of vinyl if needed it works great too and no probs with either of them.
I'm sure the newer model graphtec can run long runs so you won't go wrong.
I will buy an ioline smart track the next time due to the fact of long cutting runs and I like the simplicity of the dials. I had to replace the lcd screen once in the ce2000-60 (2yrs old), by the time I got the screen and help to get the firmware upgaded it was 2months. I still used the machine but could not read the values.
30" models are built better and I wish I had bought a 30" to begin with.

S

SignTech

I agree LightHouse ... we get a lot of restaurants etc ... sometimes their graphics and logos etc ... get over 24" nice to do just one piece .... same with quick shot 3' high banners etc ... langecustom they may give you a break on the 30" ......... doesn't hurt to ask ....... we also have a Panther 30" I was surprised at the quality of this machine no problems 2 years ......... that said it will prpbably Sh&t the bed tomorrow lol ........

S

SignTech

replicator you have been let out of jail? Cool avitar ............ I like that!

high impact

I hope I caught you!!! Call em back and change your order.

DO NOT get the ce-5000! Cheap, cheap, cheap! the ce series reminded me of my panther...only not as nice. AND I didn't like the panther.

I have been a graphtec fan for years now. BUT, we bought a ce-5000 and as soon as I took it out of the box I packed it back up and sent it right back and bought the Pro fc-7000. Spend the extra and go with the fc series. If you ever use the pro you cant go back to the cheaper series.

Rollers and stand suck (no casters) and no on board sheet cut.

Also you will be happy with the extra 6" of cutting room and long runs with no problems.

GOOD LUCK!

Jackpine

Mark from High Impact Design is correct with his information. A 30" would be nice. I have a CE3000Mk2 24" and wish I had a 30" at times BUT in no way is this a crappy cutter. It is not a FC series but it is a good cutter. I cut every day and it performs flawlessly. I print and contour cuts with "on the nuts" accuracy. If you have the money, the FC is a great choice but I stand with, "you won't be sorry". At least you have the sense to stay away from "animal cutters" and Chinese junk.

Matt Cuellar

Can you call them back? I agree w/High Impact, go with the FC-7000 if you can. A little more money, but much more robust and accurate compared to the 5000 series. I've got the FC-7000 75 and love it, well worth the extra $$$

Matt