• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying a UV Printer, what do you suggest

jay etheredge

I'm not sure what you are arguing. I'm not trying to sell you a printer. And yes you are correct, I'm not a salesman. When I sell something its based on truth. Most of what I see here is based on some guy trying to sell something. If your perspective is different than mine great. Sorry if my sarcasm offended you, or my perspective offends you., in my world, there's room for both, maybe you thought not, maybe you have a different opinion on even that. Either way, what exactly were you arguing?

HulkSmash

Um..... Wow, where do I start... How about this, GREAT! Then a flatbed isn't for you. Its that simple. Heck, sign making isn't for me at all,just logic. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any style or size of printing operation you have if you can make it work. The thread is about flatbed UV printers or so I thought. That said, if your not into mass production, it still doesn't make sense to print dog slow half the day then do marketing the second half of the day. Anyone that has a business should be in business to make money, otherwise, just mortgage your home buy a printer and print once a week.

A print shop where the boss does everything doesn't make enough to buy a flatbed, and chances are it won't. I have installed over 300 flatbeds in 5 or so years, many are sign shops, some are high end fine art printers, some print play yards, back boards, wedding pictures, you name it. Most, if not 85-90% of them want the prints printed as fast as possible.

So what are you saying, you took exception to my 2 cents because you like to print slow all day and do marketing at night? I don't get your argument.

Jay, you're absolutely spot on.. Nothing Truer has been said. Flatbeds are meant for production, production production. Sure there's artsy fartsy printers out there, but if you're printing at 20 pass doing 4 4x8's a day...good luck making money.

jay etheredge

It was never my intention to insult anyone. I come from a production background so I don't often understand slow and steady mentalities. I'm a sarcastic person by nature, if I offend its strictly accidental, but attacking me personally is intentional, not sure which side of reason has the moral high ground.

Like I've said more than once, I have installed more than 300 flora UV flatbeds. I'm not a salesman, I'm the guy that has to tell the truth because when I tell you a flatbed will do something, I'm the guy who installs it and it better do what I said right? Its easy to sit at a desk and give a person an unreasonable quote or tell him what he wants to hear to make a sale. I know guys who have never seen a printer in their lives, that could sell many of these big machines and currently live in multi-million dollar homes because of that ability.
For sure they could sweet talk anyone into a printer regardless of their production requirements.
Not me, I'm actually like the guy who has the flatbed printing at 20 pass... lol I am comfy fixing printers for a fair price, and there is nobody better in this country for the flora brand period.

parrott

HP r1000+

If you want production, step up to a production machine. These things are toys. We run (2) HP (non latex) flatbeds - 2 shifts - and still need more capacity. We are adding a third machine and are going to make the jump up to something that is a true "production" machine. Always buy more than you need, because you will quickly be needing it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Looking at purchasing a new or slightly used UV printer that will least print 4' by 8' panels. Fan of the Roland line, but at 90k for the flatbed version, I am open to other brands. Anyone know of a brand that has done you well, but costs less. Thank you kindly.

What are you doing with the panels? You can get something much more cost effective in a roll to roll machine and a laminator. If you are not doing massive production, print with a latex printer and just mount to your boards. If you want to have an in depth conversation about your options, feel free to reach out 714-878-7989. I am Josh and I am sure I can steer you in the right direction once I have all the info.