Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Caldera Rip V11.2

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by Jay137, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Jay137

Jay137 Print Finisher

Oct 14, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Guys!

Good day! Hope everyone is well. Fairly new in this forum as well as in the industry.
    Could anyone please enlighten me if any of yous got a trouble with using Caldera Rip?
    I'm just having trouble with the key, it kept saying no keyserver available, but the next time you tried it will work. Any ideas why it keeps doing it? Thank you!

Regards,
    Jay

Tags:
  2. oel10

oel10 New Member

Nov 4, 2018
    USA
    I let my key reside on desktop not on a server or remote drive.

Hope this helps

3. Jay137

Jay137 Print Finisher

Oct 14, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi oel10

I believe the key is already on the desktop the whole time?

Thanks!

4. Jay137

Jay137 Print Finisher

Oct 14, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    Also, my Caldera Rip seem to crashed more often with a warning "Server has stopped" or "Spooler exit with error"
    I'm really not too sure what causes this? Or is it just normal?

5. oel10

oel10 New Member

Nov 4, 2018
    USA
    It should not crash but could be related to the key disconnect

Their are several ways to activate the software. The way we do it is buy downloading a password.txt file and this resides on the desktop. Along with the dongle this combo activated the rip. You may try another port for your dongle in case your having an issue with the port.

6. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    CCPUSA
    Given that it is not a Windows OS the first place I would look is at a hardware error. Bad RAM or storage devices, then network components.

7. nate

nate Active Member

May 10, 2007
    Utah
    Are you on the latest version of v11? This was happening to us a couple of releases back and it got fixed.

Also, the V12 (paid upgrade) version uses a completely new security system that needs no dongle, and you can easily restart Caldera services if need be. Plus it's faster. Well worth the upgrade.

8. Jay137

Jay137 Print Finisher

Oct 14, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    Awesome guys, thanks for the feedback. I will give these suggestions a try and go from there. Cheers!

9. Jay137

Jay137 Print Finisher

Oct 14, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    Also, has anyone encountered a warning from the spooler that says, "Communication failure : RPC : Timed out" when sending an aborted job through again? The job goes through again anyway with no issues but I'm just wondering if this is something that I need to look at? Thanks! (Still currently using V11.2)

10. dypinc

Mar 9, 2011
    CCPUSA
    Maybe you need to check your network. Especially your router, do you have the Printers IP address and the RIP computers IP reserved. And it is a good idea to set a static IP address in your printer. Look at the physical connections as well. Test them to see if they are good.

Are you running Caldera on Linux or Mac OS?

11. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    I have always used DTG RIP Pro C6 in Win 10, Win 7, and never had a problem. some time ago I sold the printer without RIP and I saved rip.

12. Jay137

Jay137 Print Finisher

Oct 14, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi guys,

Currently using Mac OS.

13. dypinc

Mar 9, 2011
    CCPUSA
    Is Caldera the only thing you use that computer for?

14. Jay137

Jay137 Print Finisher

Oct 14, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    Yes mainly for ripping dypincdypinc

15. Andy_warp

Andy_warp Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    I go through this every restart. Sometimes it takes me opening the printer two or three times before it takes. Once it shows up active, the spooler will open too.

I could try to fix it, but as a printer, I'm used to working around bugs and such. With hardware and software.