• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Caldera Rip V11.2

Jay137

Print Finisher
Hi Guys!

Good day! Hope everyone is well. Fairly new in this forum as well as in the industry.
Could anyone please enlighten me if any of yous got a trouble with using Caldera Rip?
I'm just having trouble with the key, it kept saying no keyserver available, but the next time you tried it will work. Any ideas why it keeps doing it? Thank you!

Regards,
Jay

Jay137

Print Finisher
Also, my Caldera Rip seem to crashed more often with a warning "Server has stopped" or "Spooler exit with error"
I'm really not too sure what causes this? Or is it just normal?

oel10

It should not crash but could be related to the key disconnect

Their are several ways to activate the software. The way we do it is buy downloading a password.txt file and this resides on the desktop. Along with the dongle this combo activated the rip. You may try another port for your dongle in case your having an issue with the port.

dypinc

Given that it is not a Windows OS the first place I would look is at a hardware error. Bad RAM or storage devices, then network components.

nate

Are you on the latest version of v11? This was happening to us a couple of releases back and it got fixed.

Also, the V12 (paid upgrade) version uses a completely new security system that needs no dongle, and you can easily restart Caldera services if need be. Plus it's faster. Well worth the upgrade.

Jay137

Print Finisher
Awesome guys, thanks for the feedback. I will give these suggestions a try and go from there. Cheers!

Jay137

Print Finisher
Also, has anyone encountered a warning from the spooler that says, "Communication failure : RPC : Timed out" when sending an aborted job through again? The job goes through again anyway with no issues but I'm just wondering if this is something that I need to look at? Thanks! (Still currently using V11.2)

dypinc

Maybe you need to check your network. Especially your router, do you have the Printers IP address and the RIP computers IP reserved. And it is a good idea to set a static IP address in your printer. Look at the physical connections as well. Test them to see if they are good.

Are you running Caldera on Linux or Mac OS?

Bert Wondervan

I have always used DTG RIP Pro C6 in Win 10, Win 7, and never had a problem. some time ago I sold the printer without RIP and I saved rip.

Andy_warp

I go through this every restart. Sometimes it takes me opening the printer two or three times before it takes. Once it shows up active, the spooler will open too.

I could try to fix it, but as a printer, I'm used to working around bugs and such. With hardware and software.