• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can´t export any drawing from CORELDRAW X3 to SOLIDWORKS 2008

hi,
does anyone know the easy (even funny :) way to export vector graphics from coreldraw x3 to solidworks 2008? i´m talking about eg. DFX or DWG files. unfortunately, both of them´re included in corel, solid or autocad for export ,BUT all of them are different and uncompatible.
programs like dfxtools,bezarc and so on doesn´t works...
anyway,any tip or advice much appreciated.
best luck
george

hi, thanks to all!
we´ve just started working with cnc plasma, so i´like to cut some nice piece of work,
created in coreldraw. solidworks isn´t gentle enough to create all difference lettering for signmaking work.
(...some people even claims, that coreldraw isn´t a good program at all, but
i disagree. you can hardly do some pretty nice sign with solidworks)
anyway, i need to get it from corel, via solidwork to wrykrys to feed the machine and burn.
i can do it easily with summa plotter, but with cnc plasma it´s more complicated
p.s. EPS doesn´t work with solid, not even DXF, nor DWG from corel or cad.
unfortunately, DWG and DXF from solid is different.

Techman

there are several converters around that will take dfx and dwg files and convert it to G code. Of the top of my head I cannot give you a list, However I do know they exist because of my recent CNC study.

And then, If I remember right. Solid works changes their file format. They want you to upgrade the software so the older version files will not open unless you do some certain gyrations. IF you goto their support forum you will find the newer import process posted.

iampogo

You can import as an ai file. All curves will be converted to line segments in Solidworks.

I also tried to export from corel as a dwg and had no problem getting the file into solidworks with curves intact.

Last edited:

hi everyone,
fortunately i´ve got some tips how to do it via ICQ helper, but
the graphic is a bit raw, and not gentle as i expected.
anyway, it starts fine, and i´ve to keep trying..
many thanks to you all!
best wishes
:Welcome:

by the way, any experience with preparing graphics for cnc plasma PIERCE RUR 2500? is there any better program, than terrible WRYKRYS?

hi, thanks for your tip, very nice software.
i´ve to check it out.
what about Command´n cut software?
it may works with coreldraw x3?
it´l be nice, we do signmaking work too. :)
any suggestion or experience?
thanks to you all !

hi, i´ve checked the gibbscam, very nice piece, but.
it seems, it´s for 3D cam work, but i looking for a soft for
2D cutting software with postprocessor, supported our
cnc plasma PIERCE RUR 2500, mainly to prepare graphics
for cutting, like our poor WRYKRYS. :) http://www.wrykrys.cz/en_index.html
anyway, thanks for interest of helping others.
have a nice day.

Attachments

• vypalky.jpg
    vypalky.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 89

functionpdx

I'm using Corel 12 and Solid Works 06 so I don't know what's changed, but export dwg from Corel to "open files of type" dwg in Solid Works worked fine for me.

hi,
first of all, thanks to everyone!
by the way, you can export corel files to solid, but it´ll cut your graphic into many segments, and i like to have it in one piece for 2D CAM work.
by the way, do you have any experience with dxftool?