• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can Anyone Help Me With This?

mrkawliga

Hello All,

I hope this is the appropriate forum for this post. I need to find out how this "chiseling" of the text is done and can it be done with illustrator? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have wasted hours trying to find out how this is done. Thanks again!

Dave

Attachments

• Text.jpg
    Text.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 68

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Unless you are doing just a few letters, it makes sense to buy them. It is a time consuming process. A merchant member www.signfonts.com has a good one and you can do a google search and find several quickly.

solgraphix

if you let me know what you need (letting wise) i can get you a quote...my commercial designers on staff can make it for you, we have done it plenty of times :)

mrkawliga

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your responses! I will purchase the font. What is the best way to create the black background that is offset to the lower right? I am pretty new to illustrator and use the offset path feature but cannot say I have done anything that was off center. Again, thanks so much for your help!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Here are some examples for printed graphics. If you are cutting vinyl you will have to use contour and weld in place of outines.

Attachments

• chisel.jpg
    chisel.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 81

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
LOL, thats not a function, it's a tutorial on how to do it manually. Still cheaper to buy than make, unless there are only a few letters.