• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can anyone help with this please?

ladyeleanor

this picture is doing me in, does anyone know how i can tidy it up enough to be vectorized. even by retyping the font?

the vector doctor is returning my emails and i'm desperate to sort this out.

ali

Attachments

• DSC00064.jpg
    DSC00064.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 156

high impact

Here's a TRICK I learned from an old timer if you are not good with node clean-up!

Get some rubylith, put on top of layout on light table and trace with an exacto knife, weed away the face of the rubylith, scan in and you have VERY little node clean-up...if any at all.

This trick isn't always the best option but would work well in this case.

iSign

yeah, we'll help.
What's the problem?

you have crappy picture of unrecognizable fonts?

have the client (or you) take a better picture.

Is that gold on glass, with some halfass attempt to get the shot holding some rag behind it?

...get black (or white?) paper & tape it up properly, then get the shot perfectly straight.

OR... tape white paper over the lettering & get a soft pencil, & do a rubbing so the ridges of each letter collect more lead on the paper when the pencil scribbles go over it, resulting in an easily followed line to darken up in your studio & trace over on a clean sheet for scanning (or to tape right over vinyl & hand cut through the paper)

If the window is not accessible to you & the client resists the thought that they might be needed to do the work outlined above... add a few hundred bucks to the quote & maybe that'll light a fire under 'em