• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can anyone re-create this whole image?

GhostPrinting

I need it for a trailer decal pretty large. I have the PDF but it is blury when I open it in Adobe Illustrator. Graphic designer wont call me back.

1725483128081.png

Attachments

• Logo (2).pdf
    203.1 KB · Views: 86

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
Get a hold of the Vector Doctor, he is a member on this site.. He should be able to give you a vector

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
Everything but that gradient. 4 minutes.

Attachments

• 1725483128081.pdf
    566.2 KB · Views: 104

GhostPrinting

Get a hold of the Vector Doctor, he is a member on this site.. He should be able to give you a vector

That was my fist call but he cant because it has 3d properties

Boudica

I need it in a vector file so I can pull pieces apart with cut lines.
That is vector - it's an illustrator PDF.
full disclosure - I just ran it through Vector.ai If I spent more time on it, I could smooth out the gradients in the girls face, and do the gradient on the lettering - but that would take some more time.

unclebun

I don
That was my fist call but he cant because it has 3d properties
I don't see any 3D properties in it. Faux 3D by using gradient and drawn highlights.

This is one I'd put the onus back on the business owner to make their "graphic designer" give you a real vector (if they know how--this is what you get when someone who only has Photoshop or similar is told the sign shop needs a pdf. A bitmap saved as a pdf.

phototec

Yep, the graphic designer is protecting his hard work by only providing you with a low res proof, as a retired graphic designer, I do the same thing.
I could re-produce the artwork, but you would not want to pay me for my time it would take. Every graident would needs to be created, taking many hours to do it manually. No one button click softwrae is going to give you the correct results.

unclebun

Yep, the graphic designer is protecting his hard work by only providing you with a low res proof, as a retired graphic designer, I do the same thing.
I could re-produce the artwork, but you would not want to pay me for my time it would take. Every graident would needs to be created, taking many hours to do it manually. No one button click softwrae is going to give you the correct results.
If that's what you are doing when your client needs to reproduce the logo they paid you for on a sign, then you are doing it wrong. That's not what they hired you for.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If that's what you are doing when your client needs to reproduce the logo they paid you for on a sign, then you are doing it wrong. That's not what they hired you for.

How do you know the designer was paid or not ?? The customer might've been given this as a proof and not pay him for his hard work, thus skipping a step in the process. Seems this is exactly the way it is done.

I just wanna know why the girl has dark grey teeth ?? To me, it looks as if the designer took/stole two entirely different faces created by yet, someone else, then merged them together. The styles are not anything alike. I call foul on the designer...... but that's not we're in this thread about.

Boudica

How do you know the designer was paid or not ?? The customer might've been given this as a proof and not pay him for his hard work, thus skipping a step in the process. Seems this is exactly the way it is done.

I just wanna know why the girl has dark grey teeth ?? To me, it looks as if the designer took/stole two entirely different faces created by yet, someone else, then merged them together. The styles are not anything alike. I call foul on the designer...... but that's not we're in this thread about.
good catch, I didn't notice her teeth were gray. And his hair is green. It looks like it was AI generated artwork.
Burton must have done it.

unclebun

The teeth are gray because they are in shade. Look at her face from the hat. It's clipart most likely, if not AI generated (which seems to be only low-res bitmap afaik). The highlights on the letters are pretty weird. They aren't even all on the letters. And the leer the male face is giving the female from behind is creepy....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The guy is further back and has whiter teeth and you can clearly see the shadow from the brim of her hat stopping above her tiny nose. The shadows on her jowls indicate the light source from above and straight ahead, which would not put her teeth in the darkness. You can imagine what ya want, but she was made up by someone different than the guy. Totally different approach. The highlight methods are different on each along with the drawing styles. Poor manipulation of tasteless techniques. Actually, the guy is good, but not the girl. Besides, she has a man's hand for a thumbs up.

jochwat

Graphics Department
Because of the clashing styles of the faces, it's a trash logo from a low-rent "designer". I wouldn't pay for it either! :D And I sure as hell wouldn't want it on my truck.

All subjective thoughts, of course.

DarkerKat

design & such
Can anyone recreate it? Yeah
Will anyone re-create it for free? Probably not, it's a pretty complex logo
This client has gotten truck wraps and multiple signs in the past, so at one point vector graphics existed, ask them for whatever they gave the last company.

Attachments

• 425507778_860997872702945_7096809282564364907_n.jpg
    425507778_860997872702945_7096809282564364907_n.jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 436925570_906297571506308_2479406340365110628_n.jpg
    436925570_906297571506308_2479406340365110628_n.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 108

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Because of the clashing styles of the faces, it's a trash logo from a low-rent "designer".
That's my thought too.
My hunch is the original designer won't give it up because they probably can't provide a better file than that...

If people are gonna use clipart for stuff like this, they should at least use ones from the same creator so the styles match, and use vector clipart over raster crap, even if they have to pay for it.