• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I FAX that to you?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Phone line is now connected to a USB fax/modem ($14)

Never knew something like this existed...might just check into this...just in case. With only one line coming into the office, I'd still have to babysit with it until the fax came through.

JB

Hicalibersigns

Unity Fax. They assign a phone number. People fax to it and it arrives in an email. No fax machine. But the Ludites don't know that. $59.00 per year for unlimited inbound faxes and your own local phone number. Plus you always have copies stored in emails, so you don't have to chase pieces of paper around.

signswi

Use an e-fax service, they're dirt cheap now. Have the fax show up in your email so you can view it at your desk or smartphone or tablet or where-ever you are.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ultimately, my goal is trying to get away from having to manage "one more thing"....

JB

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I cannot see ours going away any time soon. I'd say better than 75% of our state, local, and federal government clients as well as most huge places like big hospitals, and whatnot that we do huge amounts of our business with pretty much all send Purchase Orders and/or Insertion Orders via fax.

Sending something to someone that I only happen to have on paper.
Walk up to th the multi-function machine, stick it on the top autofeeder, dial their number and walk away.
Or walk to the same machine hit the scan button on the screen, choose scan to PC, select the right computer (we have a dozen or so), then choose the scan quality and file type, then back at the computer make sure the file did not scan at some stupid resolution or size regardless of what was selected at the machine, compose an email, browse to the file and attach it, and then send.

Dont get me wrong, I'd prefer it all to be email and paperless but it's just not gonna happen around here anytime soon.

Pat Whatley

Never knew something like this existed...might just check into this...just in case. With only one line coming into the office, I'd still have to babysit with it until the fax came through.

JB

This is what I've got http://www.amazon.com/Sewell-Voice-Fax-Modem-Jacks/dp/B005GQMX4O/ref=pd_sim_pc_3

There's a way to set them up to automatically run if they detect a fax signal but I've never done it. I did it manually the one time I had to receive a fax. Nothing to babysit either way, once the fax is complete it disconnects itself.

Colin

After using a fax machine for over 15 years, I ditched mine about 3 years ago after realizing that it was being used less & less, and given the $30.00 a month for the dedicated line, that's $360.00/year or $5400.00 over 15 years!

Haven't missed it one bit.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think it matters much if you have one or not or what it costs you to run it.

Anything of this nature should already be included in your overhead and if it's not, then you're a noodle-brain.

Any portion of running a business is a business expense and if you can't afford a phone line, then you must be doing something pretty darn stoopid.

We have so many means of someone contacting us, it ain't funny. Why would I want to let go of something that is totally working, just because something new and improved has come along ?? Why not just include the new fangled gadget and continue on ??

With this kinda thinking, you're gonna tell me you threw out all of your screw drivers, saws, generators, drills and all your other electrical tools, because you bought a Sears Black & Decker cordless Drill set ??

C'mon, you get rid of something when it doesn't work anymore or can't afford it. No one throws out perfectly good things.... especially if they're working.

fresh

I meet my customers at their level of technology . . . you wanna fax? Go right ahead. You wanna email? That works too. Pony Express?? How ever you want to send me an order, I'll take it!

Mark S. Adams

My thoughts exactly. My computer doesn't connect to the scanner very well, so if I do have to scan something, I need to use my partner's computer. Then I have to save the file, go back to my computer, attached it to an email, write the email address and click send. OR I can just type 10 numbers on my fax and hit send.

I have plenty of clients that need signed work orders, etc. for us to be paid. If its easier for them to fax me so I can get paid, then by all means, send it on over!

anotherdog

Our fax died last year, but we bought a copier/printer/fax/scanner for $69 from staples.

We do still need to send faxes and still get many order forms set to our fax line. One of our product lines is business cards and almost all still have a fax number. The fax is far from dead and does not need anti-virus.

One other good thing, we no longer get spam faxes, it has all moved to email.

I would take orders done in crayon delivered by a boy with a forked stick if it was worth money.

oh and that $69 scanner is better quality than the one I paid $1,200 for 15 years ago.